Motorbike owners of the SMB

League Wan

Central Defender
Lad with a death wish on a19 this morning
i dont even like that road in a car
Lane switching and filtering while both busy lanes doing 65-75 miles an hour

Nice,never tried the dct clutch thing
Neither have I. I was speaking to a lad who had one and he said he wouldn't want to go back to a clutch, they're like a big scooter

Here is a photo of me at Croft on the right hander before the hairpin that leads onto the straight.

I am demonstrating how to get your knee down without leaning the bike over at all!!

Absolutely pathetic effort. The photo is not great and I can’t find the ones the pro photographer took.

Logon or register to see this image

@yamar1
Cheers, All good fun Jeff. Still on my bucket list a track day.

Big Jeff

Winger
Here is a photo of me at Croft on the right hander before the hairpin that leads onto the straight.

I am demonstrating how to get your knee down without leaning the bike over at all!!

Absolutely pathetic effort. The photo is not great and I can’t find the ones the pro photographer took.

Logon or register to see this image

@yamar1
I was tearing round doing about 40 mph !!

Last edited:
A big tall heavy scooter ,love my big trailies but cant see me going past a 700 these days if i get one again
maybe a Norden 901
tony likes the africa twin
There's no way on earth I'd take my Gen 3 Tiger 1200 XCa off road and it's meant to be made for it. Even at 5'10" a little bit of uneven ground gets my heart rate going with it being so top heavy.

The new Tiger is meant to have addressed it but not keen on the crank changes. Why make it more like a twin? I love the induction roar of the triple!

League Wan

Central Defender
There's no way on earth I'd take my Gen 3 Tiger 1200 XCa off road and it's meant to be made for it. Even at 5'10" a little bit of uneven ground gets my heart rate going with it being so top heavy.

The new Tiger is meant to have addressed it but not keen on the crank changes. Why make it more like a twin? I love the induction roar of the triple!
He hoys it about like a 125 on that video, amazing control. They're absolutely huge as you'll know about it having a tiger

Sing in the Roker

Goalkeeper
Seen my new favourite bike

Lovely that and hell of a colour. The originals were supposed to be an awesome bike and you see plenty of these newer ones out and about.

Sing in the Roker

Goalkeeper

Ditto with my GSA as just a right heavy lump. I’m 6ft and had set of lowering springs fitted on it so can get more than my tip toes on the floor 😂😂
Can't find any for sale like that,could be a custom colour maybes?
Aye could be a custom job and looks great.
The new Suzuki V-Strom 1050 do a nice grey colour one.
A big tall heavy scooter ,love my big trailies but cant see me going past a 700 these days if i get one again
maybe a Norden 901
tony likes the africa twin
Doesn’t half hoy that about 😂👌🏼

Last edited:

John the Savage

Central Defender
Seen my new favourite bike

Nice-Must be a decal set=never seen one that colour. I like the CRF's but in that price bracket I'd have to go for the Tiger Rally Pro.

Big Jeff

Winger
This debate brings a subject up I have always gone on about.

Buying bigger capacity bikes than you really need.

I have ridden litre plus sports bikes and cruisers but I think my most satisfying times were on 600s.

Yeah I know if you are twos up the extra grunt is great but a well ridden 600 is a quick bike and more often than not a lighter more agile bike.

I have never ridden off road so can’t comment on that other than to say some of these adventure bikes look absolutely enormous.

Tuono

Winger
Adventure (tallrounders) bikes, never got them myself. The original BMW R80gs was a proper adventure bike and would still run rings around todays bikes because it was (relatively) light and you could get both feet on the ground at a standstill. Todays Tallrounders are just too tall and too heavy, I've seen at least 4 in the past 2 years fall over at a standstill because the rider didn't get his correct foot down in time.

John the Savage

Central Defender
Adventure (tallrounders) bikes, never got them myself. The original BMW R80gs was a proper adventure bike and would still run rings around todays bikes because it was (relatively) light and you could get both feet on the ground at a standstill. Todays Tallrounders are just too tall and too heavy, I've seen at least 4 in the past 2 years fall over at a standstill because the rider didn't get his correct foot down in time.
The R80 was actually 6 kilos heavier than my Tenere, saying that, modern GS's are about 50-60 kilos heavier. They're not for short riders like and once they start to go over, there's no getting them back -however, you'd be surprised how nimble they are in the twisties.

Tuono

Winger
Yes that's my point, great in the twisties but useless offroad, unlike the originals.
I've had loads of big trailies over the years, DR600's, XT550, XR600's, CCM640 and they've all been good on or off road. Had rides on mates GS's, Tiger's etc. and they're just not off road bikes which I believe a true Adventure bike needs to be.

Last edited: