Motorbike owners of the SMB

Sickasachip

Goalkeeper
If I was looking for used bikes (and non-starters), in the North East, what options do I have? Facebook, Gumtree, eBay. Anywhere else?
Mate of mine bought a non runner 2019 125cc ajs scrambler off facebook marketplace the other week for £900. We drove down to Pontefract to collect, new battery, 2 new bulbs, carb clean, brake and fuel drain and its up and running again, taxed and insured. Nice little bike with only 6k mileage too.

Tuono

Midfield
Got back Tuesday night. The paperwork needed is a pain in the arse but it's worth it for the roads and weather.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image
closest shell gas station to my location

https://postimg.cc/Tpq15DjR
One of the lads just put a video up on YouTube.
The bloke in front at the start of the video is on a KTM1290, then me on the 19 year old Tuono, then another lad on another KTM1290 and finally the camera bike is a Ducati Monster 1200 (I think). After a couple of minutes into the video I see some nice curves coming up so go for it. No speed limits were broken in this video.
The video is a bit blurry but you get some idea of how good the roads are ... and deserted. I wish I was back there now. :cry:

yamar1

Striker
The bloke in front at the start of the video is on a KTM1290, then me on the 19 year old Tuono, then another lad on another KTM1290 and finally the camera bike is a Ducati Monster 1200 (I think). After a couple of minutes into the video I see some nice curves coming up so go for it. No speed limits were broken in this video.
The video is a bit blurry but you get some idea of how good the roads are ... and deserted. I wish I was back there now. :cry:
Cracking stuff mate, thanks for posting it. Looks great and the roads, scenery you want to see on a bike.

Just sorned mine till next year and the jobs for the 2 week break at christmas are, forks overhauled, inc new seals, sliders and guides renewed, new oil, Coolant flush and change, and my neutral switch is playing up so popping one of them in which stupidly will be the hardest bit.

Love a bit of winter maintenance in the workshop, heaters on, tunes on and a beer or two, working on my pride and joy.😎

Looking at doing the TET in Northern Spain and Portugal next year. Santander down to Braganza.

bennett83

Striker
Looking for a road legal dirt bike 250 -450cc to be used as a cheap commuter and green laning.any recommendations, only want to spend around £2-2500 £3k at an absolute push
Looking for a road legal dirt bike 250 -450cc to be used as a cheap commuter and green laning.any recommendations, only want to spend around £2-2500 £3k at an absolute push

Just got some new tyres. If anyone wants to just ride in, no hassle and done in half an hour. National bike tyres in Newton aycliffe. Good bloke as well.

yamar1

Striker
Push the boat a little and get an xt660. Great fun being a single cylinder. Buy a few locks too, as whatever off/on road greenlaner you buy will be desirable for thieves.
Just got some new tyres. If anyone wants to just ride in, no hassle and done in half an hour. National bike tyres in Newton aycliffe. Good bloke as well.
Usually fit my own, not to bad just got to watch the rims.

Last edited:

bennett83

Striker
Push the boat a little and get an xt660. Great fun being a single cylinder. Buy a few locks too, as whatever off/on road greenlaner you buy will be desirable for thieves.

Usually fit my own, not to bad just got to watch the rims.
Might be a bit too big. Aye definitely will lockee. In fact I'll probably lock it to my vfr aswell as the anchor. Ive got some nice little surprises for ny wannabe thief. Realistically though if they want it they'll get it

Tuono

Midfield
CRF250L

ebb

Striker
I've got one of these. Ultra reliable so can be used as commuter and green lanes without rebuilds etc. Not the lightest mind about 150kg which is heavy after you've picked it up a few times
I second crf250l

Last edited:

yamar1

Striker
Anyone else all tucked up for the winter? Any winter storage tips?

My Batterys charged, disconnected and in the warm kitchen cupboard for the winter. Tank brimmed to stop the rust, done the fork seals not long ago, changing the oil and the coolant when im off at christmas, fitting my new bike dash cam, viofo mt1. And whatever else i can find to do on it. Ship shop for next spring.😎

Anyone else all tucked up for the winter? Any winter storage tips?

My Batterys charged, disconnected and in the warm kitchen cupboard for the winter. Tank brimmed to stop the rust, done the fork seals not long ago, changing the oil and the coolant when im off at christmas, fitting my new bike dash cam, viofo mt1. And whatever else i can find to do on it. Ship shop for next spring.😎
Luxury.
If I don't ride it I don't get to work.

Tuono

Midfield
Gritters were out for the first time this winter down here so I'll only be out on dry weekends. The Tuono's engine seems to love freezing weather, it feels like it's producing 10HP more but more than likely it's closer to half a HP.
Some people say pump the tyres up above what they should be. Maybe make sure the brake pads aren't touching the discs. The only thing I ever do if I've never ridden a bike for a while is to squirt some 3in1 or similar thin oil onto the fork stanchions and seals before I ride it.

yamar1

Striker
Gritters were out for the first time this winter down here so I'll only be out on dry weekends. The Tuono's engine seems to love freezing weather, it feels like it's producing 10HP more but more than likely it's closer to half a HP.
Some people say pump the tyres up above what they should be. Maybe make sure the brake pads aren't touching the discs. The only thing I ever do if I've never ridden a bike for a while is to squirt some 3in1 or similar thin oil onto the fork stanchions and seals before I ride it.
Cold air provides better combustion. = more poke.😎