Motogp 2019

Dovi 17th this afternoon, and no Ducatis in the top 12. Honda look strong today, so maybe a Marquez win this season after all...just not Marc?

Was just about to post re the Ducatis. Their dry weather performance has completely gone off a cliff since Misano 2, both factory riders and both Pramacs all in the bottom 5

Not a motorbike fan but on findagrave.com I went to the “famous” link and clicked on “born/died on this date” and switched to “died” I found out that it was on this date in 2011 we lost Marco Simoncelli. I did have a small phase following MotoGP but not so much now but when I did it was the season he died.

RIP Marco.
Such a sad day. I proudly carry a 58 tattooed on my arm.

Such a sad day. I proudly carry a 58 tattooed on my arm.

I saw the crash happen on TV. Seemed innocuous. Went into another rider IIRC. Took me back to the day in 1994 when BBC F1 broke the news of the death of Ayrton Senna after I had seen his accident at the Tamburello corner at Imola. To rename a circuit after him he must have been a legend in Italy.

Do you think it is worth getting into again, even though you don't ride a bike?

I can imagine MotoGP fans being burly blokes with a crewcut and a can of Stella in their hands.

Last edited:
Not a motorbike fan but on findagrave.com I went to the “famous” link and clicked on “born/died on this date” and switched to “died” I found out that it was on this date in 2011 we lost Marco Simoncelli. I did have a small phase following MotoGP but not so much now but when I did it was the season he died.

RIP Marco.
I liked Marco he was a maverick.

I have a 58 T shirt.
I saw the crash happen on TV. Seemed innocuous. Went into another rider IIRC. Took me back to the day in 1994 when BBC F1 broke the news of the death of Ayrton Senna after I had seen his accident at the Tamburello corner at Imola. To rename a circuit after him he must have been a legend in Italy.

I can imagine MotoGP fans being burly blokes with a crewcut and a can of Stella in their hands.
Motogp is amazing this season with MM being out injured. Every race is incident packed, loads of overtaking and incidents.

Its very open as well - anyone could win it.

Oh and did I mention the weather forecast - rain!!!

BTW I look like i just fought a bear and lost!!

Last edited:
I liked Marco he was a maverick.

I have a 58 T shirt.

Motogp is amazing this season with MM being out injured. Every race is incident packed, loads of overtaking and incidents.

Its very open as well - anyone could win it.

Oh and did I mention the weather forecast - rain!!!

BTW I look like i just fought a bear and lost!!

Do you ride a bike?

Doesn't matter if you don't ride a bike. I do but know plenty who love it who don't. It's worth watching all three classes. Especially Moto 3 which is crazy every week.

Do you ride a bike?
Since I was 16.

The lean angles around the corners are rediculous and years ago they started getting their knee down. Now they get their elbow down and even as a stunt last year one lad went round a corner with his head down scraping along the track. (Redding) He was seriously censured by his helmet sponsor. (AGV)

I know you are an F1 fan but its a great event this year, the electronics on the top factory bikes are unbelievable in terms of engine control, anti wheely, anti spin.

Unlike F1 where Mercedes currently dominate there is a different winner virtually every race and "racing is racing" with lots of overtakes - give it a go.

I hope you like it.

Since I was 16.

The lean angles around the corners are rediculous and years ago they started getting their knee down. Now they get their elbow down and even as a stunt last year one lad went round a corner with his head down scraping along the track. (Redding) He was seriously censured by his helmet sponsor. (AGV)

I know you are an F1 fan but its a great event this year, the electronics on the top factory bikes are unbelievable in terms of engine control, anti wheely, anti spin.

Unlike F1 where Mercedes currently dominate there is a different winner virtually every race and "racing is racing" with lots of overtakes - give it a go.

I hope you like it.

If I can follow it once I can do it again.

I even know the difference between MotoGP and WSBK/BSBK. MotoGP is basically F1 on 2 wheels. WSBK is to the WTCR what BSBK is to BTCC. Superbikes are production makes. If you want to sell bikes you do it via Superbikes. WSBK is the international platform for production bikes whereas BSBK is Britain's national series for it.

I am still familiar with the names in motorbike racing. Not just Dovi and Marco but also older names like Haslam and Crutchlow.

I even had a team. I supported Kawasaki.

Crutchlow (cal) is still riding in MotoGP but looks like he may lose his seat next year.

Sounds like you are clued up on the different series so I am sure you will like it.

If you do, you can go to MotoGP.com and buy a pass to watch the races if you don’t have BT Sport.

If I can follow it once I can do it again.

I even know the difference between MotoGP and WSBK/BSBK. MotoGP is basically F1 on 2 wheels. WSBK is to the WTCR what BSBK is to BTCC. Superbikes are production makes. If you want to sell bikes you do it via Superbikes. WSBK is the international platform for production bikes whereas BSBK is Britain's national series for it.

I am still familiar with the names in motorbike racing. Not just Dovi and Marco but also older names like Haslam and Crutchlow.

I even had a team. I supported Kawasaki.
Ah you will need a new team in GP. Kawasaki withdrew in 2009 and concentrate on WSBK. Which they win every year..

Ah you will need a new team in GP. Kawasaki withdrew in 2009 and concentrate on WSBK. Which they win every year..
Indeed but we still have Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Ducati, KTM, and as I said with Mark Marquez out anyone can win it this year.

Oh I forgot to mention the bikes now have an electronic device called “hole shot” which helps the bikes at the start by stopping the rear end squatting.

Unless it was the WSBK team. It must have been. Because as I said I remember watching Marco's crash in MotoGP and that was in 2011.

Crutchlow (cal) is still riding in MotoGP but looks like he may lose his seat next year.

Sounds like you are clued up on the different series so I am sure you will like it.

If you do, you can go to MotoGP.com and buy a pass to watch the races if you don’t have BT Sport.

You can see racing on ITV4 I think it is but it isn't the same. I do have BT Sport. I got it when we upgraded the Virgin Media package. We went to Curry's ages ago to get a Soundbar and was sold a Sky TV package. We were kept there ages. But when the engineer came round he said it would not be possible, where my PC is, to install the Hub. It would have to be placed behind the TV in the sitting room. Exactly like when we were sold an EE broadband/TV package. So we had to cancel the Sky thing and go back to VM and upgrade our package to get Sky Movies and Sky Sports. Of course I didn't know we had gotten BT Sport too. Both 1, 2 and ESPN HD. And BT Ultimate too.

Unless it was the WSBK team. It must have been. Because as I said I remember watching Marco's crash in MotoGP and that was in 2011.

You can see racing on ITV4 I think it is but it isn't the same. I do have BT Sport. I got it when we upgraded the Virgin Media package. We went to Curry's ages ago to get a Soundbar and was sold a Sky TV package. We were kept there ages. But when the engineer came round he said it would not be possible, where my PC is, to install the Hub. It would have to be placed behind the TV in the sitting room. Exactly like when we were sold an EE broadband/TV package. So we had to cancel the Sky thing and go back to VM and upgrade our package to get Sky Movies and Sky Sports. Of course I didn't know we had gotten BT Sport too. Both 1, 2 and ESPN HD. And BT Ultimate too.
You are sorted for today.

Now you need a favourite rider.

Brad Smith is also British but tends to be at the back of the pack.

Cal does crash an awful lot and breaks lots of his body.

I like Dovi but as I said anyone can win this year. Mark Marquez younger brother Alex has a great race last week and it’s the same track this weekend so he may be an outside chance.

If the practice and qualifying form translates to the race then Nakagami will surely the 9th different winner tomorrow.

Mir 12th and Dovi 17th on the grid.

Back