MotM vs the railwaymen

I don't think they deserve anything based on what they've given us thus far. O'Brien and Dobson came in to inject energy and try retain the ball, as Crewe were starting to have more possession.
Crewe got more possession once O'Brien came on. Terrible substitution.
It's just as well he has that great stamina, because the rest of the team were looking very weary, and sitting back far too much, late on.
Sitting back came from the manager's negative substitution.

Last edited:
Another vote for O’Nien, here, but it was a close-run thing with Wright and Leadbitter also excellent.
Some of O’Nien’s forays forward were great to watch. There were several bursts in the second half that relieved pressure and got us up the pitch, but there was an occasion in the first half (at least I think it was) when he was on the byline. He’s meant to be playing as a centre-back. I loved his performance tonight

I watched the match on iFollow with radio Stoke's commentary.

They couldn't believe how good Hume was and said that they've never seen Ng beaten so often and so easily as Hume did, throughout. They reckon he's usually their most solid player but got taken apart tonight.

That said, O'Nien or Grant (again) for me, with Gooch close behind and an honourable mention for Charlie.

I would have added Wright, but for that header into the ground and over the bar. :lol:

Wright, for me, but, very close as Gooch, Hume, O'Nien and Leadbitter all played very well.

Even if he was a great 'keeper, Burge isn't getting a look-in - I read, somewhere, that he's only had seven saves to make in six games (or something similarly insane).

I should have looked next door before doing the OP.
It needs a rewrite as tonight there is only one true MotM - @foggy
RIP to a great man, always to be remembered
Keep on keepin' on Bud

The subs, the finishing and Max Power were all a bit meh. Everything else was great though. Luke O'Nein could probably fly if he tried.

Leadboots for me, don’t think he wasted a single ball.
After what the lad has gone through he has been simply outstanding.
O9 is a revelation and can play just about anywhere and Bailey’s defending stats are very impressive.
Gooch is also starting to deliver after a shaky start to the season but GL is the heartbeat of the team.

O'Nien for me. Read the danger and snuffed it out at. Gooch was lively in the second half of the first half. Thought Maguire was a wee bit unlucky to get hooked and O'Brien was lame when he came on for him. In fact we lost our grip on the match for the last 10-15, which was prob inevitable after not running up a cricket score. Wright and Leadbitter are streaks ahead in the player of the season stakes so far.

Not sure there was any stand outs really, thought the majority played well without being outstanding. Hume, Gooch, O'Nien, Leadbitter, Wright and Scowen all played well but I'll say something I didn't think I'd ever say, Charlie Wyke was probably the best.

We found it so easy first half (missed the second due to bad stream).

Am starting to think O’Nien maybe should start up tops.

Leadbitter was an absolute clinical maestro in the middle, don’t think he misplaced a pass in the first half and some of those were delightful

Based on what I saw, take out Power & Wyke for two more suitable candidates and I’d be supremely confident of victory in the next 5 games.

Not that Power was bad from what I saw.

Back