MotM vs The Millers

A thought mcnulty was making. Some good runs and was surprised when taking off fair enough if injured , and onein did nothing much apart from try , though the 2 centre half’s where pretty decent

The way to play with the squad we have is to press high and turn over possession in the final third, we then have players with the ability to score. However as I said in the OP we haven’t got the fitness levels to do it and as you’ve noted it’s been the same for seasons now.
The last team we had who would give it their all and play to the 96th minute was Keanes first season a decade or so ago

O'Nein by a mile. Then Mcnulty.

Annoyingly it was probably one of our better performances this season. The penalty miss took the wind out of us.
We are still too stretched and I don't believe we have the right game plan at all.
I don't understand why we try and cross the ball when our wingers can't do it, and we don't have anyone in the box to score consistently.
We got the most joy by pressing high, we need to squeeze the entire the pitch and get both the defence and midfield higher.
Get the distances between our lines right.
There is certainly a fitness issue though, we haven't looked fit for seasons, and our off the ball movement is still pretty poor.
We pressed really well in the first 30 minutes but we lacked composure after that.

Annoyingly it was probably one of our better performances this season. The penalty miss took the wind out of us.
We are still too stretched and I don't believe we have the right game plan at all.
I don't understand why we try and cross the ball when our wingers can't do it, and we don't have anyone in the box to score consistently.
We got the most joy by pressing high, we need to squeeze the entire the pitch and get both the defence and midfield higher.
There is certainly a fitness issue though, we haven't looked fit for seasons, and our off the ball movement is still pretty poor.

By a mile? How come

This for me ^^^

McNulty was less shit than most. Noticeable shouts to Dobson, McGeady and McLaughlin who managed to be next level shite tonight.

The only two I thought played well were McNulty and Willis.

The particularly poor for me were McGeady Gooch McLaughlin O'Nien and Dobson

Last edited:
Last two opponents have played high tempo against us with a press and we can’t handle it. We try to match them but since we play with a more fluid shape.. the quick first time passes we try often miss their mark. Also we had ample chances second half to bring high balls down and take control - instead we just headed/kicked it back and with our small midfield eventually we lost it. 45% possession at home - not good enough. Keep the ball - move the ball - control the game.

09 motm what the fuck, really? He was absolutely clueless playing attacking midfield.

Gooch was probably motm just for his first half
Gooch! Christ the rest of the team should just pack it in then. What game were you watching. He was a winger who didn't put a decent cross in all game. He couldn't control the passes he received, his first touch was a pass. Why Ross waited until about 10 minutes from the end to take him off is deserving of him getting the sack!
O’Nein really put himself about as did McNulty. I’d give it to O9.
If mcnulty hadn't scored that early goal we'd have list. Plus he ran their defence ragged.

Last edited:

Back