MotM vs The Millers

Billy Fish

Striker
It was all there for the taking until the pen, shocking attempt from Geads and took the wind right out of the sails.
For me fitness is the biggest issue not ability or tactics, doesn’t matter what permutation of players he puts out they can’t match the opposition for energy or stamina over 90 minutes. Seriously needs addressing.

Not really any standout performances and really struggling to pick any tonight, one of the most disappointing performances of recent times after such a good start.

Flip a coin and pick one from eleven

It was all there for the taking until the pen, shocking attempt from Geads and took the wind right out of the sails.
For me fitness is the biggest issue not ability or tactics, doesn’t matter what permutation of players he puts out they can’t match the opposition for energy or stamina over 90 minutes. Seriously needs addressing.

Not really any standout performances and really struggling to pick any tonight, one of the most disappointing performances of recent times after such a good start.

Sub McNulty for slow Wyke was the biggest mistake

Totally agree. First half we should have been well ahead. Second half they were bigger, stronger and most important fitter.

O9 MOTM for me

I thought the first half we were good. Had we scored the penalty it could have been game over.

The second half was a piss take but I think we could all see it coming. It's s recurring pattern that Ross is quite clearly unable to resolve.

The gap between the midfield and attack meant that yet again we continued to resort to hoof ball. Aimlessly smashing it as hard as we could to Wyke or whoever.

Wyke's crap mind. That miss was a joke. He's missed fuckin loads like that, so unreliable.

Why didn't O'Nein shoot at the end as well? Absolute bottle job.

I couldn't give a man of the match today, the second half was diabolical.

Last edited:
I think Rotherham turned up the heat a bit (for my money, building on the last 15 minutes of the first half) and we couldn't cope. As often happens, things became more manageable after they scored, but I was still glad of the point by the end of it.

Totally agree. First half we should have been well ahead. Second half they were bigger, stronger and most important fitter.

O9 MOTM for me
I thought 09 was poor after the opening spell, it was his chance to shine in that position, he could have took the game by the scruff of the neck but like the others appeared to lack the fitness to do it and was invisible as the overran us in midfield

We always look so pedestrian, and we appear to be outmuscled all over the pitch. It's not clever.

There wasn't one.

The experiment with O Nien in midfield was disastrous. I thought McGeady bar a couple good shots was dreadful. Tbf I shouldn't be singling anyone out they were all dreadful. But in reality McGeadys absolutely dreadful overconfident penalty cost us.

We moved up a place somehow. We move on.

I think Rotherham turned up the heat a bit (for my money, building on the last 15 minutes of the first half) and we couldn't cope. As often happens, things became more manageable after they scored, but I was still glad of the point by the end of it.

They looked like they were in a division above us in the second half. Fitter, stronger, passed the ball better. What did we bring to the table in that second half? Absolutely nothing.

O'Nein by a mile. Then Mcnulty.

Annoyingly it was probably one of our better performances this season. The penalty miss took the wind out of us.
We are still too stretched and I don't believe we have the right game plan at all.
I don't understand why we try and cross the ball when our wingers can't do it, and we don't have anyone in the box to score consistently.
We got the most joy by pressing high, we need to squeeze the entire the pitch and get both the defence and midfield higher.
Get the distances between our lines right.
There is certainly a fitness issue though, we haven't looked fit for seasons, and our off the ball movement is still pretty poor.

We couldn't overcome a big strong back 4 playing a high defensive line, lost count of the offsides.Having said that we missed a penalty and goalie made a worldy save from a McGeady shot.We had more chances than them on another day it would have been at least 4 to us.:(

I thought 09 was poor after the opening spell, it was his chance to shine in that position, he could have took the game by the scruff of the neck but like the others appeared to lack the fitness to do it and was invisible as the overran us in midfield
Fair enough. Game of opinions.

Thought first half the midfield had more energy than of late and also that 09 gave us an extra man in midfield when out of possession

Back