MotM vs Morecombe

I’m reading Hackett played well by James Fowler on the echo website and all the youngsters did themselves proud, was I watching a different game?
If you think Hunter did well I'm afraid you might have been. All opinions mate but I've seen him in the U23's and just think he is a poor player. Bainbridge on the other hand looked the part keeping it simple and defending well. Didn't really recognise Hackett so can't comment.

Great footballer in the making but virtually every final ball or shot was terrible. O'Nein for me by a country mile - his pass completion rate must have been in the 90's. Thought Bainbridge did well and looks the part, least said about Hunter the better but hopefully someone informs him he's no longer required and wishes him well in the morning - seemed a piss poor version of Love, imagine that!!. Honestly thought Ruiter had improved but seem to have got that wrong as he was appalling in the 2nd half, back to last year's form.
Dear god. A young lad not performing well = get rid

Well we learnt a lot from that. We need a reserve goalie, we're in trouble if Flan and Balders get injured, O9 is going to have to develop a lot to gain a regular place, Maja still has a long way to go in his development but give him the ball in the box a few times and he will score.

Not much to shout about from the second string Diamond probably the pick of the bunch

Fair play to Morecombe they had a few decentt lads playing for them

Didn’t see much of Tommy Miller, very quiet imo

Poor performance, not sure anyone deserved MoM.

Some credit to Oviedo for some quality balls into the box, Maja for the goal. O'Nien did well - RR said he was kicking ankles, but didn't seem to notice he kept getting kicked.

Of the young'uns, Diamond impressed the most. From the general scrappy play I'd have to say that Ross put too many of them in at once.

Got to remember that most of the team are kids. Even Maja and O'Nien are young still but have more experience. Thought we did well in spells but could tell that they have a lot to learn. Nights like this will help them. Be important to get them out on loan when the time is right as well

Jack Ross for me.

A bold and clear decision on team selection to give fringe/reserves/kids a game, and still get a win and a clean sheet.

Nobody really stood out. Its as easy to say who were poor.

I thought Ruiter was a bit shaky. A dodgy kick or 2. A couple of flaps at crosses and one were it bounced off him for a corner when it was a very easy catch at chest height. He pulled off a couple of canny saves to keep a clean sheet.

Loovens was poor IMO. As usual he was decent on the ball but he was fouling a lot and never won a header until very late on. I thought Ozturk was easily the pick of the pair of them. Bainbridge did OK.

Oviedo showed well in flashes and set up the goal, Power was OK but his passing was poor. I thought O'Nien was quiet. The kid in centre midfield looked decent.

Maja was quiet too. He had a couple of shots, a fairly weak one that was on target but hit O'Onien and a well taken goal.

If I was pushed I'd give Oviedo MotM.

Back