MOTM v Pompey

Could be any one of 3 or 4.

Willis just edges Leadbitter and Ozturk for me today, partly because of the goal and partly because the other 2 each gave me one shit my pants moment.

Both centre backs were excellent and I can’t remember the last time I said that about Sunderland.

Willis would get my vote as his goal was the icing on the cake.

After today I feel we need more from Gooch. He needs to affect the game
More.

Willis MOTM for me
I thought he played really well, first half Portsmouth did nothing down that side largely because he worked his socks of helping the defence. Second half he was really good going forward and really caused them some problems.
Everyone played well really, sevens across the board with 8 for McLaughlin number one and Willis for me.

Good team performance today and good to see subs having an influence too. We must have one of best squads in league but didn’t feel like it at times last year- in fact it was as if Ross had too many options and couldn’t settle on best 11.

Both centre backs were excellent and I can’t remember the last time I said that about Sunderland.

Willis would get my vote as his goal was the icing on the cake.

Started the game as if they'd never even looked at each before never mind play together but finished as if they'd played together 50 times before
I'll give motm to Ozturk, our defence looks better when he's in it and did at the end of last season as well.

Gooch for the third league game this season for me. Thought he grafted so much down that right hand side to snuff out any threat they could offer and still managed to get forward and gave their defence a torrid time. Really appreciate his workload each game and he looks like he’s really learned from last season and looks a much better player now

Back