MOTM v Millwall

Hard one to call. I thought Gooch and Simms stood out second half, Pritch scored one and created one too and first half the CBs were brilliant when they were more on top.

I'd give it to Gooch - typified our increase in tempo second half.

I'd say Amad but very very close to Baath & The Onion. Pritchard was excellent too but I wish they'd let somebody else take the set pieces!
Has to be all of them
There were no bad performances to be fair but Patto dropped a bollock with that pass to the Milwall player when O'Nein was the safe way out. However, he made up for it later with his assist for Simm's goal and a few other minor interventions. Rarely troubled really.

Last edited:
Any of the back line for me, we had loads of crosses to deal with and Millwall had some giants.
For all their possession in and around our box we defended brilliantly

Quite a few had good games. O9 and Batth were solid against aerial bombardment. Neil and Evans were properly organised in midfield. Simms had one of his best performances for us and Pritch was nearly back to his best.

But Amad for me. spells in the game he truly looked like a PL player playing against hard working but limited Champo defenders.

Baath and O'Nein deserve very special mentions as at set pieces it was like we were playing against a team from land of the giants. Thought Alese did everything well and Simms was a tireless hardworker up front and very valuable as a setpiece defender. Danny just gets it for me.

Luke O’Nein shows how intelligence maximises a player’s ability. He reads the game well and makes good decisions. He and Batth kept us in it I thought and the clean sheet allowed Amad and`Pritchard to make the match-winning impact.

Pritchard and Batth joint. Can’t split them both immense for differing reasons.

Superb games for them. Both we are lucky to have.

Back