MOTM v Millwall

Whoever it was /is what I really enjoyed is the end of the game watching the players reactions -really in it together this lot-not surprising we have a load of names being put forward.We struggled first half but totally dominated the second and were actually very comfortable .I thought Milllwall ran out of steam yet we got stronger thanks to a load of good performances second half .

Hard one to call. I thought Gooch and Simms stood out second half, Pritch scored one and created one too and first half the CBs were brilliant when they were more on top.

I'd give it to Gooch - typified our increase in tempo second half.
There seems to be a rule on this forum that every man of the match thread has people rooting for Gooch, however crap his display has been.

Thats why he is still here, I simply don't get it.

If I was in charge he'd be plying his trade at Shrewsbury by now, probably doing sort of okay but not really pulling up any trees.

Pritchard - he was actually effective for once, well done. But please will you get as far away from taking our free kicks and corners as possible. It's beyond farce how our coaching staff are still letting this happen.
Amed
O'9.

Delete
There seems to be a rule on this forum that every man of the match thread has people rooting for Gooch, however crap his display has been.

Thats why he is still here, I simply don't get it.

If I was in charge he'd be plying his trade at Shrewsbury by now, probably doing sort of okay but not really pulling up any trees.
It's also the case where many posters don't like him to the point whereby they're unable to praise him when he's contributed positively. He made a real difference second half both in attack and defence.

A year ago I'd have said he was finished here, but his reaction from when Neil came in to now has been tremendous.

Last edited:

Back