Most underrated tourist attractions

Site of Hitler's Bunker is a nondescript car park and block of apartments. The fact the Soviets went to great lengths to eradicate anything related to it gave the space a poignancy that made me stop and think much more than other places that are intact.

Oh man, I’ve hiked Hanakapi’ai. How did I miss this in the guide book??

They're not far apart. Just the little matter of Mount Waialeale, the wettest place in the US, between them.

I almost lost my rental car when I was looking it the canyon. Somehow I left the handbrake off and it started rolling towards the edge. Just got back to it in time to stop it.

That's it though, people expect just a crack in the ground. It's actually a full blown canyon network.

Taking a helicopter ride over it is the real mind blower. Expensive but worth every penny.

There's a place call Bryce Canyon over in Utah that apparently surprises people when they see it too.
So much to see in that area east of the Grand Canyon. As well as Bryce, Zion is fantastic and the Painted Desert / Petrified Forest area is beautiful. All quite different too.

So much to see in that area east of the Grand Canyon. As well as Bryce, Zion is fantastic and the Painted Desert / Petrified Forest area is beautiful. All quite different too.

Aye, Zion is another good'un. The differences make each individual experience more enjoyable because of the contrasts.

Back