Most stupid rule in the workplace

What is the most stupid rule/thing that takes place in your workplace/Job

We have been given name badges to wear and we don't see anybody from outside our workplace just colleagues

What is the point ? oh and they are very fancy saying "Hello my name is .............

Time sheets. A click of a mouse told my last employer what time my van left home, where i had been to within a few yards and what time i got home. I used to add on the odd hour just so the boss would phone and query it.

If I don't like a rule in the workplace I just don't abide by it, I remember once I got took into the naughty office and told I had to start following the rules like everyone else, I said no. They said ok fair enough and let me go without a warning or anything and I carried on as per usual. They cant do shit man, unless you do misconduct you cant get a warning. Tell them you are not wearing a name badge because you don't want to and watch what they do, they will take you in the office and attempt to tell you off but just say 'no' and that will be the end of the matter.

If I don't like a rule in the workplace I just don't abide by it, I remember once I got took into the naughty office and told I had to start following the rules like everyone else, I said no. They said ok fair enough and let me go without a warning or anything and I carried on as per usual. They cant do shit man, unless you do misconduct you cant get a warning. Tell them you are not wearing a name badge because you don't want to and watch what they do, they will take you in the office and attempt to tell you off but just say 'no' and that will be the end of the matter.

‘No drugs or alcohol policy’.

What a rebel.

Someone did a Time and Motion study in the lab I worked in which I thought was tedious. I had to write down the number of steps and time taken for each task I did during the day. I got bollocked for adding to my list, the number of steps to the toilet and the approx amount of millilitres passed. Apparently I wasn't taking it seriously :confused:

Someone did a Time and Motion study in the lab I worked in which I thought was tedious. I had to write down the number of steps and time taken for each task I did during the day. I got bollocked for adding to my list, the number of steps to the toilet and the approx amount of millilitres passed. Apparently I wasn't taking it seriously :confused:

Brilliant! It’s exactly what I would expect from a scientist.

The first and only time I was monitored for time and motion after the wifey sat next to me and started her stop watch I looked at her and said 'I'm just going for a tab' to my surprise she said she smoked aswell and went out for a tab with me, when we got back I just dicked about. I think she disregarded the results and moved onto someone else.

Back