‘Can I leave at 16:45?’

‘No you’re contracted til 5pm’

‘Can I take 15 minutes extra lunch?’

‘No’

‘Can you improve the systems so they load up straight away at 3 minutes to?’

‘No’

‘Sounds like a ‘you’ problem’
Aye. These people don't get people.

Systems should be ready to go instantly. If not then they should pay people for their time. They should never expect people to work for nowt.

I remember my useless fat arse manager shouting at me for leaving early. I checked the times (I didn't even take calls) and I pressed they button 3 seconds early.

What a tit.

Last edited:

Aye. These people don't get people.

Systems should be ready to go instantly. If not then they should pay people for their time.

Certain well-known high street retailers pay all their lowest-paid staff just above the NMW, so that they can get away with making them work on top of their normal hours (usually only by five minutes or so) sorting the shop out after closing time, without falling foul of paying people less than the NMW when you actually work out how much time they're working for.

So you'd be paid say 12pm-5pm for an afternoon shift, but you might not actually finish working until 5:05 or 5:10. Doesn't seem like much, but five minutes a shift, at three shifts a week, that's near enough £100 a year lost.

Fuckers. That's without counting time for customers still in the shop after closing, or having to be on the shop floor before your shift starts.

I used to get asked to tuck my shirt in when it was boiling and the lasses were in skirts and flip flops while lads had to wear ties. When asked what difference there was between my shirt not being tucked in and blouses not being tucked in, the answer was "tuck your shirt in"
When I did my training, the firm I worked for wouldn’t let the men take their ties off during a heatwave unless the managing partner sent around an email from his air conditioned office saying that it was OK. Women just wore skirts without tights and open necked blouses and nothing was said.

Define 'off his tits'.
His behaviour changed markedly between morning and afternoon. His pupils were like pin pricks, he was aggressive to his work mates and acting irrationally. I could have drugs tested him but there was other things that would justify instant dismissal on their own.

I'm pretty sure if I drug tested all my lads loads would fail. Half have been in prison but I trust most of them and they're good lads.

When I did my training, the firm I worked for wouldn’t let the men take their ties off during a heatwave unless the managing partner sent around an email from his air conditioned office saying that it was OK. Women just wore skirts without tights and open necked blouses and nothing was said.

Remind me where you worked again mate

Should have worn a skirt.

Certain well-known high street retailers pay all their lowest-paid staff just above the NMW, so that they can get away with making them work on top of their normal hours (usually only by five minutes or so) sorting the shop out after closing time, without falling foul of paying people less than the NMW when you actually work out how much time they're working for.

So you'd be paid say 12pm-5pm for an afternoon shift, but you might not actually finish working until 5:05 or 5:10. Doesn't seem like much, but five minutes a shift, at three shifts a week, that's near enough £100 a year lost.

Fuckers. That's without counting time for customers still in the shop after closing, or having to be on the shop floor before your shift starts.
You'd need a spreadsheet for that.

I'm considering banning mobiles at my place. They get on my tits. The lads are constantly being harassed by their partners for menial reasons. Whats wrang with these Women? Cant they cope on their own for a few hours?
Christ, I used to gan away to work for weeks on end, with no real contact with home avaialble. No phones, no internet, no nowt apart from written letters, and SSB radio. My Mrs just got on with it.
This country is fucked.......
It's f***ing ridiculous isn't it? :lol:
Loads of lads I've worked with over the years seem to think ignoring non-work related phone calls is some superpower I alone possess. If you're working, you're working, it can be f***ing dangerous.

Another one was when between jobs I worked at Capita and all the bone idle people joined a group called Darlington Communities which was essentially just hours and hours of pointless activities ie (tug of war, bouncy castle games etc) that got the lazy and inner circle out of work

Data protection has taken over our place (which is turning more and more into an episode of the office).

If one department gets a cheque off a punter and sends it to another department and it gets lost on the way its logged as a customer data breach :lol:

I used to get asked to tuck my shirt in when it was boiling and the lasses were in skirts and flip flops while lads had to wear ties. When asked what difference there was between my shirt not being tucked in and blouses not being tucked in, the answer was "tuck your shirt in"
Disgrace what women get away with in the work place compared to men like.

Last edited:
The toilet in mine says only toilet paper is to be put down the toilet. I’m still unsure where they want me to put my piss and sh!t

Its not really as if they got paid for it then they'd only be on NMW.
Maybe they should just pay NMW & pay the staff for actual hours worked as itll probably work out about the same anyway. Wonder why they do it that way instead?

Back