Most stupid rule in the workplace

We’re not supposed to drink during working hours yet have two staff bars on site which are open during the day. Well, technically only one of them is open at a time; one’s a summer bar, the other a winter bar.

On my last job I got a new line manager who sent me an email asking me to report back to her via email the time I arrived and left the site I was working at each day.

Handed in my notice the next day.

Dammit Jim I’m a doctor!

Stick to the country speed limit - I’m a contractor I’ll take my chances, your trucks overtake me at 120km/h - aye, ok just be careful.

Wear the owners shirts - I’m a contractor and your staff are wearing our shirts - okay.

Our auditors need to know your salary right now - I’m a contractor, privileged information, speak my company - arsehole.

Stick to the country speed limit - I’m a contractor I’ll take my chances, your trucks overtake me at 120km/h - aye, ok just be careful.

Wear the owners shirts - I’m a contractor and your staff are wearing our shirts - okay.

Our auditors need to know your salary right now - I’m a contractor, privileged information, speak my company - arsehole.
Are you a contractor by any chance there mate?

Our IT dept don’t allow access to WeTransfer or Dropbox

It’s quite embarrassing when you have to ask a photographer to either email photos at low-res or drop them off on a disc. Pain in the arse when trying to send PowerPoint presentations externally too

Our flexi had no core hours and people would come and go as they pleased.

I would leave for lunch around 11.30 most days, sometimes a little earlier. The logic for me was that I was starving as didnt used to have breakfast. Also i was back by 12 so when everyone else went for lunch I was in the office.

New manager comes in. After 1 month I get dragged into the office and informed that I was going on my lunch to early and despite having no core hours, i wasn't allowed to leave until at least 11.45.

Guess that 15 minutes made all the difference. Power really does go to some peoples heads.

I'm considering banning mobiles at my place. They get on my tits. The lads are constantly being harassed by their partners for menial reasons. Whats wrang with these Women? Cant they cope on their own for a few hours?
Christ, I used to gan away to work for weeks on end, with no real contact with home avaialble. No phones, no internet, no nowt apart from written letters, and SSB radio. My Mrs just got on with it.
This country is fucked.......

Our IT dept don’t allow access to WeTransfer or Dropbox

It’s quite embarrassing when you have to ask a photographer to either email photos at low-res or drop them off on a disc. Pain in the arse when trying to send PowerPoint presentations externally too
There are plenty other more secure alternatives they could look at.

We had a new boss who tore up our teams flexi-sheets and said as adults she would trust us to manage our own hours.
H.R. put them back even though it actually worked better.

Back