1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Most stupid rule in the workplace

Discussion in 'SMB' started by The soap powder, Jul 13, 2019.

1. The soap powder

The soap powder Full Back

What is the most stupid rule/thing that takes place in your workplace/Job

We have been given name badges to wear and we don't see anybody from outside our workplace just colleagues

What is the point ? oh and they are very fancy saying "Hello my name is .............

2. What A Waster

What A Waster Striker

When I worked in a sandwich shop when I was 16 they had a rule that we had to wash our hands after a shite. Ridiculous.

3. The soap powder

fu@@ing Jobsworths

4. Space Hopper

Space Hopper Winger

5. MSC

MSC Winger

Not too sure

6. The soap powder

Excellent

Aituk7 likes this.
  7. Lionel Hutzz

Lionel Hutzz Midfield

At mine if you have a smoke break you have to count the time and work the time back which is fair enough however there's no way of tracking people who spend half their day on their phones in the tea room

Dick Fitzwell and Seaham Towny like this.
  8. Amnorrageordie

Amnorrageordie Midfield

Time sheets. A click of a mouse told my last employer what time my van left home, where i had been to within a few yards and what time i got home. I used to add on the odd hour just so the boss would phone and query it.

The soap powder likes this.
  9. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Aye but the smokers will also be on their phones in the tea room.

10. S.S.R..

S.S.R.. Midfield

Expecting me to show up.

Blyth_Pirate likes this.
  11. Blyth_Pirate

Blyth_Pirate Central Defender

Starting, lock the thread.

S.S.R.. likes this.
  12. riffraff

riffraff Striker

No radios on site.

13. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

If I don't like a rule in the workplace I just don't abide by it, I remember once I got took into the naughty office and told I had to start following the rules like everyone else, I said no. They said ok fair enough and let me go without a warning or anything and I carried on as per usual. They cant do shit man, unless you do misconduct you cant get a warning. Tell them you are not wearing a name badge because you don't want to and watch what they do, they will take you in the office and attempt to tell you off but just say 'no' and that will be the end of the matter.

The soap powder likes this.
  14. Kevj

Kevj Striker

‘No drugs or alcohol policy’.

Forrest Gump likes this.
  15. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Midfield

What a rebel.

16. Someone did a Time and Motion study in the lab I worked in which I thought was tedious. I had to write down the number of steps and time taken for each task I did during the day. I got bollocked for adding to my list, the number of steps to the toilet and the approx amount of millilitres passed. Apparently I wasn't taking it seriously :confused:

17. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

I'm allowed to drink alcohol at work. As drugs are illegal I agree they shouldn't be allowed at work so I don't have a problem with that.

18. Kevj

Kevj Striker

Brilliant! It’s exactly what I would expect from a scientist.

Ginger John likes this.
  19. Scotty 1978

Scotty 1978 Striker

This, fucking wankers at our place took all the radios off us and said if we wanted a radio we had to buy a licence, it’s a small business will 10 people ffs :rolleyes:

20. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

The first and only time I was monitored for time and motion after the wifey sat next to me and started her stop watch I looked at her and said 'I'm just going for a tab' to my surprise she said she smoked aswell and went out for a tab with me, when we got back I just dicked about. I think she disregarded the results and moved onto someone else.

Ginger John likes this.