Most overrated foodstuff.

I did like, said pizza but had 1 after a skinful the other day and it was top notch and I was wrong
Pizza’s are class on the whole, but some are obviously a little underwhelming. I had a very bland pizza in a restaurant the other day but I’ve had plenty more positive experiences.

Logon or register to see this image
@Scimmy
I think @the boot could have a bash too ( pardon the pun on macky bashing)
Lobster. Bloody expensive and not worth it. It's quite nice, but not the mouthgasm that the price would suggest.
I remember as a kid on a school trip to Walton Rocks ( lido I thin is it’s real name) and the teacher said “ what’s in your sandwich “
“Lobster again miss “ “ I’m sick of it, it’s the 4th time this week” needless to say she was shocked. My dad was a fisherman and it was pretty much most meals when money was tight

Last edited:
Logon or register to see this image
@Scimmy
I think @the boot could have a bash too ( pardon the pun on macky bashing)

I remember as a kid on a school trip to Walton Rocks ( lido I thin is it’s real name) and the teacher said “ what’s in your sandwich “
“Lobster again miss “ “ I’m sick of it, it’s the 4th time this week” needless to say she was shocked. My dad was a fisherman and it was pretty much most meals when money was tight
Looks like a mackerel to me albeit very lightly coloured, maybe a youngun?

When I was a youngun the old-timers in Whitburn spoke of the days when lobster was a staple food in the village. This was of course long before it became a premium waste of money.

When I was a youngun the old-timers in Whitburn spoke of the days when lobster was a staple food in the village. This was of course long before it became a premium waste of money.
Just noticed mackerel don't have that dorsal fin that extends right back to the tail. I'm stumped!

Last edited:

Just noticed mackerel don't have that dorsal fin that extends right back to the tail. I'm stumped!
I’ll let the boot have a go and I’ll tell yous if he doesn’t know

Back