Most hungover you've ever been at work

Didn't go to bed until 3am, was up at 6am. Haven't eaten since yesterday lunchtime, was on the pop from 6pm yesterday.

I'm fortunate because I'm actually not hungover, just still pissed. Might pop out for a McDonalds breakfast.

What's the worst hungover you've been at work? Did you see the day out?

I went to the derby game at Sid James's after about 2 hrs kip - the one where Bellamy equalised Phillip's opener.

I couldn't get enough straighteners in before the game so just had to suffer.

I wanted to curl up on the ground after that little Welsh tw*t scored.

Coldplay concert at the sol, smashed to fuck before the concert, continued supping as I was in a corporate.

Fuck me, I still shiver about how ill I was the next day, when your puking in the bogs at work during the afternoon you nar it’s a bad one, the hot and cold sweats, head pounding.....still not sure how I wasn’t pulled up as the f***ing noise I was making, wretching fresh air at some points.

I could reel off loads but the worst I reckon is when I'd been clubbing in the town and 'woke up' in Geography A Level. I must have driven to college and was about to walk home when I realised my car was in the car park. :oops:
I was ill for 3 days.

Last edited:
Working offshore, flying out of Great Yarmouth in 2009- one of the lads 50th was a Saturday night. We got back from our daily flight, got on it immediately. I can remember being in some bar on the pier at gone 3am drinking shots- we had to check in Sunday morn for our flight at 0630. Made the check in, how the airport security didn't smell drink on me I'll never know. That flight, heading out for 50 minutes trying my best not to barf all over the other occupants, was the worst 50 minutes of my life. Soon as we landed, I sprinted off the chopper and yakked over the side. A microwaved bacon sarnie soon had me back to normal
North Sea Tigers? North Sea Alcoholics more like

Sounds like you got to experience the magic of ‘Back Pier’ you lucky man 😂

Used to do this a lot when I worked in a spoons..

One incident that particularly stands out started with a 10-5/6-11 shift followed by going out for a mates birthday. We stayed out (and awake) all night on the lash, and I had another similar shift the next day but finished at 2AM instead..

Went for a hangover dump and started coming up again.. not ideal

I’ve had a few pretty bad hangovers at work but a few that stand out, all from when I was working at Nissan well over 15 years ago:

- after one department Christmas party I was rough as fuck and on the long walk from the car park to the office spewed 3 times on the path. My desk was beside one of the doors to the office so I could hear everyone talking about it as they arrived.
- went to an nme awards tour gig and all of us got stupidly hammered. Picked my then girlfriend up for work in the morning and realising I was still bladdered she said she’d drive. As we pulled off the a19 I threw up all over myself in the car! She let me drive myself home!
- when very young a mate who was getting married decided to have a stag do during the week! Got hammered, went to work the next day and decided it’d be a good idea to go and sit on the bog. Got woke up some time later by a team mate banging on the door.

In my next job I had to have a few hours kip on a desk one weekend when we were doing a software release but that was overtime so I don’t think that counts?

Went out one Sunday afternoon about 5 years ago. I honestly don't know how many pints I had. 4? Could even have been 5. Who knows? 🤦‍♂️

Fell into bed about 7 o clock that evening, absolutely dreading work, a mere 14 hours later. How I got through that Monday from hell, I will never know.

Just spewed arl owa the work's underground car park.

Was out on the ale for a good 9 hours yesterday without eating or sniffing. Drink by itself absolutely f***ing ruins me these days.

Went out after work one night. Started off in the Freemasons, then around Covent Garden. There was a club involved and got back to bed about 0400. Woke up at 0630. Showered, dressed and left the flat at 0700. A mile walk to Bounds Green tube. Bought me Guardian and collapsed exhausted on the tube. Dozed until Kings Cross when I was a bit bemused as to why the tube was so empty. Looked at the paper and realised it was Saturday. Got off, crossed the platform and caught the tube home. I have never felt so relieved. I was wankered and knackered.

Went to bed for a few more hours. Then down the Nelson for ‘lunch’.

went out on my 19th birthday......Thursday night, went clubbing.....got absolutely wankered, came to work feeling like shite....felt thirsty......downed some milk......had a craving for an orange....scoffed orange......sat down....2 mins later I ran to the bog trying not to throw up and watched a shower of milk and orange bits come through my fingers and into the pan..... :lol:

A rookie error.
We've all made them

When I was 17 I used to do all nighters every weekend then go in to a call centre job every Sunday morning still drunk/gurning fell asleep a few times at desk like always used to get home and fall asleep in the bath

Went to a gig on a Thursday, ended up out til about 4am.

Came to work, spewed everywhere, had to go to sleep in the car on me lunch, worst hangover i have ever had. Got a slice of pizza about 2pm and chucked that up an hour later, never again.

You will probably have been driving drunk on the way into work an'all!

I've been hungover at work a few times (haven't we all) but the worst one was when I had this office job in MK. Took a taxi cause I couldn't face the bus or ride my bike in. I knew the day was going to be challenging because my driver was staring at me the whole time. "good night out was it" he said, whilst rubbing his groin area and thrusting his hips to and fro.
By the time we arrived at my workplace I was absolutely desperate to get out of the car. I swung the door open, the air hit me and I vomited within seconds.

As I staggered towards the building a took a breather and lent against the smoking shed. The smell was obnoxious. I threw up again but just as I did, the office cat appeared near my feet and got a vomit shower for it's troubles, bad timing.

I sat myself down at my desk considering my life, what had led me to this point. I felt terrible. I know! I thought. I'll have a wank! That will make me feel better. I could barely contain myself, I felt inspired! I headed straight for the bosses office as i'd always imagined what it must be like to have sex in her office/orrifice.
When she arrived (earlier than expected) it was deeply embarrassing. Mid-wank and my glamorous boss has caught me at it! Well, I guess she didn't want me to feel too bad about it, so she started masturbating too! Amazing! what a relief...best boss, ever.

When I returned to my seat my co-worker had already arrived. He took one look at me, and threw up. The smell of his vomit, coupled with my own memories of the morning, made me vomit too. All over my keyboard and monitor. I apologised, he apologised. When the IT man arrived, whilst we were cleaning up. He also vomited. but when he vomitted he let out an enormous fart. Which was so loud, it shattered the office windows! He'd also managed to paint the printer at the same time with his fart particles. Amazing!

This was all getting a bit too much for me. It was my last day working for this company. When lunchtime came around I headed for the lunch-van for some greasy, nourishing food.
Unfortunately, in my weakened state I slipped as I held my hand out to pay him and pushed him. He fell back on to the cooking station and was badly scolded. I grabbed the nearest bottle I could find but the vinegar and ketchup were just making things worse. Oh, the screams! The profanity!

I felt anxious again so I ran away. Paying no attention to the oncoming traffic. One driver had to swerve to avoid me and ended up crashing into a water fountain. "f***ing idiot!" He's driving the car, not me!

Things just went from bad to worse after that

I've been hungover at work a few times (haven't we all) but the worst one was when I had this office job in MK. Took a taxi cause I couldn't face the bus or ride my bike in. I knew the day was going to be challenging because my driver was staring at me the whole time. "good night out was it" he said, whilst rubbing his groin area and thrusting his hips to and fro.
By the time we arrived at my workplace I was absolutely desperate to get out of the car. I swung the door open, the air hit me and I vomited within seconds.

As I staggered towards the building a took a breather and lent against the smoking shed. The smell was obnoxious. I threw up again but just as I did, the office cat appeared near my feet and got a vomit shower for it's troubles, bad timing.

I sat myself down at my desk considering my life, what had led me to this point. I felt terrible. I know! I thought. I'll have a wank! That will make me feel better. I could barely contain myself, I felt inspired! I headed straight for the bosses office as i'd always imagined what it must be like to have sex in her office/orrifice.
When she arrived (earlier than expected) it was deeply embarrassing. Mid-wank and my glamorous boss has caught me at it! Well, I guess she didn't want me to feel too bad about it, so she started masturbating too! Amazing! what a relief...best boss, ever.

When I returned to my seat my co-worker had already arrived. He took one look at me, and threw up. The smell of his vomit, coupled with my own memories of the morning, made me vomit too. All over my keyboard and monitor. I apologised, he apologised. When the IT man arrived, whilst we were cleaning up. He also vomited. but when he vomitted he let out an enormous fart. Which was so loud, it shattered the office windows! He'd also managed to paint the printer at the same time with his fart particles. Amazing!

This was all getting a bit too much for me. It was my last day working for this company. When lunchtime came around I headed for the lunch-van for some greasy, nourishing food.
Unfortunately, in my weakened state I slipped as I held my hand out to pay him and pushed him. He fell back on to the cooking station and was badly scolded. I grabbed the nearest bottle I could find but the vinegar and ketchup were just making things worse. Oh, the screams! The profanity!

I felt anxious again so I ran away. Paying no attention to the oncoming traffic. One driver had to swerve to avoid me and ended up crashing into a water fountain. "f***ing idiot!" He's driving the car, not me!

What on earth is this shit

Done some brutal 12 hour Sunday night shifts at Nissan back in the day, falling asleep early hours and body twitching and jolting!

Worst for me was nightshift for 5 weeks working out of St. John’s Canada, came into port day early before crew change day. Had a couple of hours sleep and went straight out on the drink. Can’t remember getting back to boat but it was apparently about 3am. I was woke up 2 hours later by my shift mate pouring water on me, he reckons it was last resort. Can’t remember anything after that but I woke up in a hotel room about 1pm. Left half my clothes on the boat and luckily had my passport. Felt dreadful and spewed for hours, flew home that night and didn’t couldn’t even face the free drink in the airport lounge!

What’s with all the vomitting on here? Are you all weaklings or something?

You actually bothered to type all that out?

Last edited:

Back