Most hungover you've ever been at work

Kasabian concert a few years back.
Drank two bottles of champagne on the way to the arena.
Then pints inside, brushing it off as “il just have a glass of water when I’m back in”

woke up bottom of the stairs covered In sick at about 5am, and I was up at 7.

Never again like, my work now has strict zero % policy. Which is a good thing imo.

went out on my 19th birthday......Thursday night, went clubbing.....got absolutely wankered, came to work feeling like shite....felt thirsty......downed some milk......had a craving for an orange....scoffed orange......sat down....2 mins later I ran to the bog trying not to throw up and watched a shower of milk and orange bits come through my fingers and into the pan..... :lol:
Milk and Orange is No-no when sober mate

Kasabian concert a few years back.
Drank two bottles of champagne on the way to the arena.
Then pints inside, brushing it off as “il just have a glass of water when I’m back in”

woke up bottom of the stairs covered In sick at about 5am, and I was up at 7.

Never again like, my work now has strict zero % policy. Which is a good thing imo.

My worst one was after a night drinking champagne as well.

Went to a friend of the wife's house party mid-week many years ago.

They're canny well off and when i got there with my bottle of wine (me and the mrs were going to share it then do off) the husband basically said you're not drinking that shit.

what felt like a hundred glasses of dom perignon later, we bounced out of the place around midnight (I'm told).

alarm went off the next morning i got up and barfed straight away, got ready for work, barfed.

Knew i wouldn't be able to drive, so got the bike out of the garage, rode to the end of the street , barfed. thought i better cut through Thompson park, came off the bike 2 or 3 times (barfed each time).

Finally got to work, covered in mud, grass stains and my own vomit. Forgot my swipe card to clock in so went to see the boss, he took one look at me and told me to hide in the bogs.

one of the longest and worst days in my life, hiding in a cubicle, coming out to drink some water, only to hoy it back up. horrible.

I was due to start a new job in a call centre for npower, but was at the Mags away match (2009) on the Sunday. Before I knew it, it was 6am, and I was still going at a house party. I decided to have 2 more big lines, phoned a taxi home, got showered/changed, and drove to Peterlee!
How on Earth I made it through that first day, I don’t know. Especially all the introductions and team shit you do in the first week.

Last edited:
Cousins wedding, didn't get to bed until 2am in the morning and was at work at 9am serving beer at the Durham Cricket ground. It's a miracle how i didn't throw up into any beers.

F
Didn't go to bed until 3am, was up at 6am. Haven't eaten since yesterday lunchtime, was on the pop from 6pm yesterday.

I'm fortunate because I'm actually not hungover, just still pissed. Might pop out for a McDonalds breakfast.

What's the worst hungover you've been at work? Did you see the day out?
ortinight agan our lasses 52nd birthday party

I didn't dare blink in case I followed through

Slept for a solid 18 hrs

Years ago we'd go out when the ship docked and head into the town for a sesh. Quite a few times it would be an all niter then come back onboard crack out a shift then head straight back on the lash again. Was drunk for 3 days solid in Swansea. Was mega sick when we got to sea again tho.

Went to work one Saturday on overtime. Managed to undo six bolts out of eight on a drive shaft over a six hour period. :oops:

Worst one is probably when I worked at Newcastle Uni. The day after the Foo Fighters gig at the SoL. I felt like shite when I woke up but set off for work. Got off the Metro early at Central Station for a bacon sarnie and a bit of fresh air. Passed another Greggs on the way to the office so got another bacon sarnie.

Got through a couple of meetings in the morning but I was feeling worse and worse. Went for my dinner and considered f***ing off home but I had one more meeting though so thought I'd get through that then have an early finish.

I was sat in the meeting with this woman going on about something, blah blah blah, and I was just ill as fuck. I stood up while she was talking and said "Sorry, I'm not feeling well, I'll have to come back later" and walked out the room. Went straight for the Metro home. Felt awful all the way back to Sunderland but it was Park Lane where I collapsed while I was still sat in the seat :lol:

Fair play to the people around me, picked me up off the deck and that, gave me a drink of water. I got off and wandered home.

Bad one that.

Didn't go to bed until 3am, was up at 6am. Haven't eaten since yesterday lunchtime, was on the pop from 6pm yesterday.

I'm fortunate because I'm actually not hungover, just still pissed. Might pop out for a McDonalds breakfast.

What's the worst hungover you've been at work? Did you see the day out?
I've never been hungover...

Turned up to work drunk more than a few times though back in the day. Used to work near the High Court in London it discovered some of the posh birds down there had a soft spot for a bit of northern rough stuff... Many nights spent drinking till the early hours before heading off to some birds place. Fortunately there was a suit place that allowed me to setup an account so I always had access to clean clothes even if I had been out all night.
Years and years ago. Duvel. Lots of it. I don’t like talking about it
you're with friends... it will be therapeutic as well man!

Last edited:
I've never been hungover...

Turned up to work drunk more than a few times though back in the day. Used to work near the High Court in London it discovered some of the posh birds down there had a soft spot for a bit of northern rough stuff... Many nights spent drinking till the early hours before heading off to some birds place. Fortunately there was a suit place that allowed me to setup an account so I always had access to clean clothes even if I had been out all night.

you're with friends... it will be therapeutic as well man!
This post got me to thinking.

I remember as an 19 year old I worked as a care assistant in the town. I remember going out end ending up in Pzazz and making my way home. Anyway next morning on the bus to work I had to get off several stops early so I could throw up. Anyway I get to work and tell them I am find just had an allergic reaction to caffeine (I am positive they knew I was bladdered) anyway this would be my last shift as I remember taking someone's breakfast sandwich and instead of taking it to them I snuck into an empty room where I ate the sandwich and fell asleep... boss caught me and fired me on the spot.

This thread man.... bringing back so many hangover memories! 🤮🤢

Would be out regularly on a workday night when I was younger, so the hangovers all blend into one. Would normally get into work (just about for 9am) but then request a half day holiday and leave at lunchtime.

I remember going out for a swift drink in my first week as a student. Got chatting to people, staggered home 7 hours later and had the "Welcome to the department" lecture at 10 the next day. I hung around outside for a bit aiming to be the last in where I could sit on the end of the row near the door. Got sat down, a group of people who were lost came in and I was made to shuffle up in the front row right infront of the head of department, no way out and it got very hot in there. I remember holding the small desk in front of me as tight as I could trying to keep upright and concentrate on something so I didn't spew. We had to go out for our ID photo board just after that, where I had this disheveled pale faced, glazed eyes photo done. As I got a job with them after, that photo stuck with me for just over 10 years.

More related to work, I was impressed when a member of my team mailed one morning saying "I didn't plan to drink much last night, was having a really good time, over did it and now have a killer of a hangover. I need to take a day holiday and go back to bed". Can't fault his honesty.

Working offshore, flying out of Great Yarmouth in 2009- one of the lads 50th was a Saturday night. We got back from our daily flight, got on it immediately. I can remember being in some bar on the pier at gone 3am drinking shots- we had to check in Sunday morn for our flight at 0630. Made the check in, how the airport security didn't smell drink on me I'll never know. That flight, heading out for 50 minutes trying my best not to barf all over the other occupants, was the worst 50 minutes of my life. Soon as we landed, I sprinted off the chopper and yakked over the side. A microwaved bacon sarnie soon had me back to normal
North Sea Tigers? North Sea Alcoholics more like

I’ve been in similar situations a few times.

I spewed on a chopper a few year back.

In my twenties used to large it on a Thursday night til 2/3am in the local nightclub, rock up at work 8am and spend 7 hours trying to avoid my desk

thank god for lucazade and McCoy’s crisps :)

Back