Most hungover you've ever been at work

Chunned at work a few times. It's horrible being badly hungover at work. Especially if you've got stuff to do.

Feeling surprisingly fresh today despite putting away 5 pints last night celebrating a 6aside team win. Headache slowly creeping in though, can't wait for some bait.

Chunned at work a few times. It's horrible being badly hungover at work. Especially if you've got stuff to do.

Feeling surprisingly fresh today despite putting away 5 pints last night celebrating a 6aside team win. Headache slowly creeping in though, can't wait for some bait.

Amsterdam was horrendous but fortunately I had absolutely nowt I needed to do and the hotel was opposite the office.

Went to that Waterkernt place and got hammered and stoned.

In my younger days it was drinking till the early hours and then up at 5am on most weekends. A few times the beers sweats have been on show and the exertions of filling a conveyor belt with wet stone saw a fair amount of vomit on the belt as well. By the time bait time came round at 12 and the fish and chips arrived I was as right as rain.

Never missed an overtime shift that I signed up to do though no matter what state I was in.

Last edited:
Not going into work as such, but when I worked away on rotation, we had a session the night before I was due to fly home. One of the lads was (still is) notorious for quietly ordering another round before everyone is finished ‘the last one of the night’.
Anyway, got back to my apartment around 3am and made the 5am gate for departure.
What I can’t remember is when I returned to the apartment two weeks later, I’d cleaned it too to bottom and it was sparkling. No recollection whatsoever.
The flight home was rough, but managed a few beers to help get some sleep.

Chris I'd be sacked on the spot for even testing positive by the tiniest marine. Its zero tolerance at work and rightly so tbh. I think the punters would agree too.

Thanks for feedback. Be sure to post again.
I liked it. Love hearing about how mad you’ve been. God you get really, really pissed. Didn’t you once down a bottle of baileys, puke up in a coppers helmet and piss in a font on a rugby tour with a massive gang of lads?
Chris I'd be sacked on the spot for even testing positive by the tiniest marine. Its zero tolerance at work and rightly so tbh. I think the punters would agree too.
I’d get sent home if I was a mess like. Never been into drinking the night before work. Don’t even drink now if I have plans the following day as I’m shite with it. Mind I wish I was ok because I’ve missed out some canny nights.

Last edited:
Too many to mention for work sadly, but one of the worst I've ever had in my life remains the day after Keano ripped Leeds up 0-3 in the 2006 season. I was in Year 11 and a few of us had dolled off the afternoon for various bullshit appointments with dentists, doctors, stricken by sudden dizzyness etc. to get the ALS down to Leeds in good drinking time pre-KO. Naturally got absolutely fuckered and ended up out in PURE in the town afterwards 'til lord knows what time.

School the next day, couldn't eat, drink, think. Managed to stomach a bag of Space Raiders before an English lesson at 9.30 and instantly threw up on my desk, then projectiled again into the bin on the way out the door. Needless to say, I was removed to bed shortly after...

Years ago Sunday night was bit of a session for us..ridiculous thinking about it now..few times my mate would picked me up..I’d barely be in the car and he’d be..’fkn hell what you been doing’..fkn hammered..wadn’t dare do it now.

Didn't go to bed until 3am, was up at 6am. Haven't eaten since yesterday lunchtime, was on the pop from 6pm yesterday.

I'm fortunate because I'm actually not hungover, just still pissed. Might pop out for a McDonalds breakfast.

What's the worst hungover you've been at work? Did you see the day out?
So this tale has nothing to do with a hangover?

To many to remember, when I was a young un I was out every Thursday used to be hungover as fuck every Friday. I’d roll into work still pissed after 3 hours sleep.

Couple of years ago I was at a funeral midweek and at work the next day. I was f***ing Ill spewed up in the toilet at work.

After the league Cup Final 2014, watching it up in town at some sports bar. Had far too many at the bar, went to a pub after then another on the way to the station as we had a while to wait for the train home. Spewed up in a bin on the train about two stops from home.

Made it into work the next day and felt like death, the CEO came in and laughed at my predicament. My boss ten helpfully said, at 3pm, that I should have just pulled a sickie and they'd have covered for me...

Another that springs to mind, although not a hangover, was having a cough/cold at uni and deciding to just swig some Benylin from the bottle before going in. I must have taken far too much and it kicked in halfway through an employment law lecture. Felt high one minute and like I was going to die/melt into the floor the next, went on for a couple of hours, checked the bottle when I got home and it was the regular kind with dextromethorphan in it.

Last edited:
I had four month trips at Sea either 4-8am-4-8pm on watch 24/7 or day working alongside with generous half days. I dont think at any point on some trips I was actually sober and cant remember entire watches. The hang over when you get home and instantly have to step back into reality of a stressed out wife and two small children is a killer....

Working in Russia. Went to a formal dinner on the last night. Each place setting had half a litre of brandy and half a litre of vodka, plus wine and beer were served throughout as well as before and after the dinner. I don't think I've ever been so drunk or so hungover the next day. Somehow didn't throw up although came close flying back to Helsinki. Also was pretty rough a few times working in Lithuania when the locals would bring out their homemade vodka which was like rocket fuel.

Used to go on the session regularly when I was younger and roll into work for 6am starts after a few hours kip. A few times I’d get in after a heavy one after having sniff and drink and not be able to sleep. Sobered you a little in the few hours lying there but the shift was ruthless. Dunno how I made it through with a job sometimes. Or how I made it through full stop :lol:

Makes me feel ill just thinking about it all.

When I was a student, I did a year working in industry. I didn't know the City before I started or had anywhere to live, but me and a couple of others working at the same place got setup for the first couple of months renting a room in the local uni student halls while we looked for a flat. There were a few summer interns staying there too.

One evening after a couple of weeks I got a knock at my door and it was the two lads from the bar. "Dave, we need your help. The bar is switching brewery in 2 days time before the next conference is staying. All the kegs need emptying and there is nobody else around. Can you grab your mates and drink through it for free, otherwise we will have to pour it away?".

My alarm did wake me up the next morning, went for a shower to sober me up, walked back to my room, flopped face down on the bed and slept for another 2 hours, waking up already late for work. Cycled in, in a right state, sneaked in one of the side doors up to and air conditioned lab I used to do half my work in, collected some papers and went down to the main office pretending I had been in early and working upstairs. I think I did half an hour at my computer, found the room was spinning. They had good facilities on the basement floor so I went for a long hot shower. Caught one of the other student interns doing the same.

Met up with everyone else at dinner time and we were all in a right state. One had not made it in at all. We were on flexitime with a card clocking system that occasionally missed recording a clock. I had to fill in the 'failed to clock form' a few days later when I realised it had failed to record my half eight start.

Got back home really needing to go to bed, when the bar staff saw us on our way in and said "we didn't get through it all, there are still a couple of kegs left" and had to do it all again.

Numerous. Worst was a project go live in Hull over a weekend.

Celebrated on the Saturday night and Sunday was a write off. I slept in reception the whole day.

I liked it. Love hearing about how mad you’ve been. God you get really, really pissed. Didn’t you once down a bottle of baileys, puke up in a coppers helmet and piss in a font on a rugby tour with a massive gang of lads?

I’d get sent home if I was a mess like. Never been into drinking the night before work. Don’t even drink now if I have plans the following day as I’m shite with it. Mind I wish I was ok because I’ve missed out some canny nights.
Weren't you interesting once? Nah didn't think so.

Back