Most famous person you have ever met?

No-one massively famous but in terms of actually talking to and meeting - not just waving as they drove past

Have appeared on TV with Andrew Sachs and Tony Robinson
Fanny Craddock - she was a bit lost in London so I helped her to her destination
Spent time in San Francisco with Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys)
Usher in a hotel in Cologne, along with his entourage and an MTV crew
Jerry Dammers (Specials) at a random house party
Had Wattie and a few other Exploited members turn up at my door demanding money
I had to host Peter Mandelsson (sp) when he officially opened my office
Nigel Owens in Japan 2 years ago (In a toilet :lol: ) and a couple of weeks ago in Treviso
Mike Tindall and Zara Phillips - son played Rugby against him twice and I've met loads of Rugby players/officials, some of which I know quite well
Loads of Football players and officials over the years but top prize must surely go to Milton Nunez when I stayed at the Seaburn Marriott. Went to school and played Rugby with Tim Carter (RIP)
Peter Reid at above hotel and a few events,
Tommy Docherty (when he was Man U manager)

Probably loads more - but all I can think of off top of my head

Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry. He was very business like and quite serious...she was childlike and it seemed she'd have floated off like a balloon had Brendan not been there.

Few NHLers...oh and geddy and Alex from Rush at a meet up thing. Was quite brief but have to say, Alex was one of the nicest folks I've ever met.

Also, sat next to Joe Flaherty (Canadian actor) on a flight. Talked about the cast of SCTV (John Candy, eugene levy etc) for a couple hours.

Went into the giggling squid Thai restaurant in Kingston at lunchtime,Charlie Brooks (janine from EastEnders) was in there eating with two other ladies.

Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, several times over the years on holiday in Greece. Lovely people.
Reeves and Mortimer in a pub in Blackheath, Martin Clunes in a pub in Soho, Charlie Lawson aka Jim McDonald in Gustos in Alderley Edge he was a gent.Les Battersby pub in Alderley Edge, Bobby Kerr at a family party, Monty several times.

Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, several times over the years on holiday in Greece. Lovely people.
Reeves and Mortimer in a pub in Blackheath, Martin Clunes in a pub in Soho, Charlie Lawson aka Jim McDonald in Gustos in Alderley Edge he was a gent.Les Battersby pub in Alderley Edge, Bobby Kerr at a family party, Monty several times.

Met and seen him quite a few times in the pub in Prestbury, he owned a farm shop in the village - no idea if he’s still there as this was years ago.

Curly from corras in ku club, told him script was flawed and not realistic and Emily Bishop was a dull character. He just blanked me as though I was a lunatic.

Bobby Charlton
Geoff Hurst
Michel Platini
All around 98/99 while I was in last year of junior school. England were bidding for euros or World Cup(can't remember which) and a load of delegates came to the SOL.
Geoff Hurst was a right miserable bassa, wouldn't get any photos or sign any autographs for anyone

Kylie Minogue, bar in Islington. Samantha Januas at Bestival. Dave Gahan, Fletch and Martin Gore at the Rocket, Chris Evans in piano and pitcher. Shane Macgowan bought me a pint at Warwick uni. Was due to have pint with Ollie Reed but he didn’t show up as filming over- ran and he died shortly after.
None particularly long chats but a few minutes at bar mostly.

Curly from corras in ku club, told him script was flawed and not realistic and Emily Bishop was a dull character. He just blanked me as though I was a lunatic.

I was flicking through the channels last week there was an episode on that he was on and a kid in Diedres house was the lad who plays the main character on Brassic.
No idea what his character name or real names are.

I was flicking through the channels last week there was an episode on that he was on and a kid in Diedres house was the lad who plays the main character on Brassic.
No idea what his character name or real names are.
aye 2 main characters in brassic are ex corras
just thought, bumped into hayley from corras( there's a recurring theme here ) in a bar in dublin. had a bit chat, very nice lady.

I once said “oops, sorry” to Paul McCartney

Also “It’s just through here” to Edward Heath.

The Queen smiled at me.

And I have regular two way conversations with Jesus

Last edited by a moderator:
Was sat opposite gaynor faye (judy mallet )and her mam on a train to London once, they were drinking and me and the we were drinking. Chatted all the way for a couple of hours, they were lovely very down to earth.

Back