Most expensive pints around the world?

Both Geneva and Zurich were in excess of £10 a pint when on pre-season a couple of years ago. Got the odd pint for about £8 but £10 was typical.

In the past Singapore held the record for our own most expensive pint, from memory we paid ~ £7 for a pint and a half but this was when a pint and a half would have cost about £1.
This was recently overtaken in Malmö (2018) where a half pint cost £9. Just a pub not a fancy hotel or ought.
I misread this post at first. Thinking you'd paid £9 for a pint and a half.
£9 for a half is expensive for pub prices, though Scandanavian beer is expensive, so I'm told.

Fat Willy's Surf Bar, next to the Empire many years ago. £5 odd for 3 cans of Red Stripe. That was a time when you didn't spend much more than a fiver for the whole night!

Over the moon it shut fairly rapidly.

Last edited:
Mind that there London was expensive the other week. I was in the Admiralty at Trafalgar Square so was expecting it to be dear but paid £51 for a double rum and coke, a double Jim Beam and coke and a double house whisky and coke. So on average £8.50 per shot with mixer.

I've paid well over £10 a pint in Copenhagen and Rekjavik this year. Tokyo is pretty pricey too

Top tip. Make a note of how many beers you drink in an expensive country. When you come home go somewhere really cheap and drink the same number of beers.

This significantly reduces the average price per beer.

Iceland wasn't as expensive as everyone told me but I think it was probably the most I've paid, worked out at £8 a pint in 2014.

Mind it's easily £6 here in Canada plus tax plus tip!

Mcgettigans at Clark Quay in Singapore.

$18 for a pint of Kilkenny last night during the Man City v Spurs game.

Wallaby bar not much better at Robertson Quay $16 for a pint of Heineken

$18 Singapore dollars is 10 quid

There’s a few bars down Joo Chiat Road Geylang área for a third of the price in Clark Quay

Was paying around £3.50 a pint ten years ago 3$ to the £ then..

Swerved the centre at night..

Back