Most expensive pints around the world?

Aye... worked there for a few months a while back and was about £12 a pint.... my bar bills were horrible!... but at least the bartenders would give you a slightly cheaper "locals" rate once they got to know you!....
I was working in Malaysia a few years back and although the company would cover my meals, the beer prices in the hotel were breaking my heart. Then I found a restaurant a few hundred yards away that were happy to just let me sit on an outside table and drink. After a day or two they stopped bringing a menu and just fetched me a beer when I sat down. Halcyon days.

I’ve stayed in hotels in Dubai where it’s been £13 a pint. Happy hour it’s a bargain at the low low price of £6.50 though.

Some places over here now 10 EU a pint .
Comes in the form of a bottle of craft ale.
You need two to make a pint.
So at a fiver a bottle there you go.

Paid €18 for two pints in Dublin last year. Nearly f***ing fell over when the barman told me

My ex’s cousin and his wife went to Iceland a couple of years ago and some of the prices he was telling me about were absolutely ridiculous. Don’t know if he was drinking in top end places or what like.

Not expensive at all compared to the cities mentioned here, but I was laughing at all the owld lads down Wembley for the Checkatrade final. We were drinking in that pub opposite the Wembley Mcdonalds, and one bloke asked for three pints of whatever, holding a tenner in his mitt. The barmaid said "£8" and he handed her the tenner. She just looked at him and repeated loudly "£18", the look of surprise on the lad's face and the loud "WHAT??" was comical. About 4 other lads had exactly the same exchange anarl

In the past Singapore held the record for our own most expensive pint, from memory we paid ~ £7 for a pint and a half but this was when a pint and a half would have cost about £1.
This was recently overtaken in Malmö (2018) where a half pint cost £9. Just a pub not a fancy hotel or ought.

Back