Most expensive pints around the world?

Mcgettigans at Clark Quay in Singapore.

$18 for a pint of Kilkenny last night during the Man City v Spurs game.

Wallaby bar not much better at Robertson Quay $16 for a pint of Heineken

$18 Singapore dollars is 10 quid

When I was in Singapore in 1992, the price of a pint in the 3* hotel bar I was staying at, was the equivalent of £12 :eek:

Tried a few tall glasses of Singapore Sling while I was in Singapore.
Very nice too, though just looked online and noticed a Sling in the Raffles Long Bar is $30.

Also got to say the food in the hawker centres is really good, filling and great value too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't be going to Singapore.

Your loss! It is fantastic.

Large 660ml bottle of Tiger in Newton Circus is 8.50 SGD, can get it for 7.50 SGD in other food courts and the one at Bugis is SGD 4.50! Alas, none have football one. Head up to Little India tiday - there are loads of hidden gems there with the game one, or IPL on, and its a great atmosphere on a Sunday.

Happy Hour at McGettigins is decent value, but when you are tied to match times its ridiculous. Paid 30AED last night in happy hour in Dubai, during game, Normal is 60AED (c 12 quid).

Your loss! It is fantastic.

Large 660ml bottle of Tiger in Newton Circus is 8.50 SGD, can get it for 7.50 SGD in other food courts and the one at Bugis is SGD 4.50! Alas, none have football one. Head up to Little India tiday - there are loads of hidden gems there with the game one, or IPL on, and its a great atmosphere on a Sunday.

Happy Hour at McGettigins is decent value, but when you are tied to match times its ridiculous. Paid 30AED last night in happy hour in Dubai, during game, Normal is 60AED (c 12 quid).
Fantastic is pushing it. It lacks any kind of soul

Don’t forget the service charge in Mcgetticans.

I watched the Charlton game in there, the locals had seen nowt like it when Gooch scores in the 96th.

Depending on the exchange rate on the day a pint of Heineken in Dubai terminal A is usually between 11 and 13 quid. If you pay by card add 1.50 for an overseas transaction, and any fun is leeched right out.

Aye... worked there for a few months a while back and was about £12 a pint.... my bar bills were horrible!... but at least the bartenders would give you a slightly cheaper "locals" rate once they got to know you!....

I was there for 48 hours so I never got that local rate :lol: broke my heart paying it like, not as much as paying £7.50 in London for a pint of Carling.

Back