Most dominant strikers and centre backs in league 1

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31333

Statistically... Won't be everyone's cup of tea but...

Took this from BA analytics on twitter. It's basically the top 30 goal scorers in the league taking away goals from the penalty spot.

Obviously Maja the best performer in the league by a mile but Eaves also looked pretty decent statistically along with McConville at Accrington & Clarke-Harris at Bristol (who id be in for). Josh Maja 5 behind Eaves despite playing 1800 minutes less. Could have finished miles ahead of anyone else. Ruben Lameiras also putting up good numbers from midfield.

Logon or register to see this image

The higher the non penalty XG figure the easier the chances presented. The higher the XG performance the better the finisher.

I've also included this one below that is the 50 most dominant centre backs in the league statistically. No Tom Flanagan however Jack Baldwin & Jimmy Dunne feature, neither are particularly dominant in the air though (Baldwin being most dominant)

Last edited by a moderator:

Marquis wasn't.

Can still look at dominant centre backs
I noticed the echo were saying that we would be looking at young players on loan from the Premier League and were trying to something going with Liverpool. Personally if we learned anything last season it would be how streetwise you need to be in League one. I'd happily shithouse our way to promotion with a side full 6' 5" lads.

I noticed the echo were saying that we would be looking at young players on loan from the Premier League and were trying to something going with Liverpool. Personally if we learned anything last season it would be how streetwise you need to be in League one. I'd happily shithouse our way to promotion with a side full 6' 5" lads.

One of the reasons Luton were so successful imo. Bradley & Pearson were both absolute units at the back. Bradley came in on a free from Plymouth (who went from pushing play offs to relegation)

Think Baldwin was unlucky to lose his place completely. Positionally he isn't the best but he didn't back down from scraps with big forwards and was always chucking his body on the line to block shots in the box.
Probably should have had tafazolli from Peterborough though

One of the reasons Luton were so successful imo. Bradley & Pearson were both absolute units at the back. Bradley came in on a free from Plymouth (who went from pushing play offs to relegation)
Shinnie was a really good free too. Ironically they had a canny few on loan.

Shinnie was a really good free too. Ironically they had a canny few on loan.

Yeah their recruitment was very good. Can't believe they even kept Lua Lua fit. When he was here the talk was that both of his hamstrings were shot.

I think a lot of the time the best players the opposition had were loans. We didn't utilise the loan system well at all last season. Glad we are trying to improve in that area next season. I'm not sure Eaves or Marquis would really add anything.

Statistically... Won't be everyone's cup of tea but...

Took this from BA analytics on twitter. It's basically the top 30 goal scorers in the league taking away goals from the penalty spot.

Obviously Maja the best performer in the league by a mile but Eaves also looked pretty decent statistically along with McConville at Accrington & Clarke-Harris at Bristol (who id be in for). Josh Maja 5 behind Eaves despite playing 1800 minutes less. Could have finished miles ahead of anyone else. Ruben Lameiras also putting up good numbers from midfield.

The higher the non penalty XG figure the easier the chances presented. The higher the XG performance the better the finisher.

I've also included this one below that is the 50 most dominant centre backs in the league statistically. No Tom Flanagan however Jack Baldwin & Jimmy Dunne feature, neither are particularly dominant in the air though (Baldwin being most dominant)
Good post. Couldn’t understand how Flanagan kept getting game time. Our worst defender imo and those stats back that view. He was horrific against Coventry, worse than Baldwin yet Baldwin seemed to take most of the flak.

Good post. Couldn’t understand how Flanagan kept getting game time. Our worst defender imo and those stats back that view. He was horrific against Coventry, worse than Baldwin yet Baldwin seemed to take most of the flak.

Yeah totally agree mate.

Just shows how good Maja was for us. Stats don’t lie.

For what it’s worth, I’d take Eaves on a free but I don’t think we’ll even be after him.

If he had stayed the full year he would have won EFL young player of the year imo. Would have been worth a lot of money too. James Justin was up for the award this year (Luton full back) and he off for 7.5 mill despite never playing higher than league 1. Crazy.

Back