Most disappointing tourist destination you've been to.

Aye the view is amazing but it would be even better if they knocked down that concrete bloke in the dressing gown that gets in the way.

It's 25 years since I last went there and as far as I remember there wasn't a zip wire there then. Sounds good though, got to be better than looking at the concrete bloke that's up there.

I never forget a Dutch tout approaching us "Good evening Gentlemen, can I interest you in some sleaze and filth" 😂
Logon or register to see this image
At the time of the mad cow disease in England, a sign in Amsterdam said:- "Our meat is fresh"
A lot of places in this thread I really liked mind.

For me the most disappointing was Tokyo, high expectations but actually a quite boring city (with ridiculous beer prices).
Personally think London and NY are way better.
Would agree with this. Japan is absolutely outstanding, boasting unique gardens, castles, hot springs, stunning scenery and historical cities (especially Kyoto) and sumo. But Tokyo has a tower, and a famous zebra crossing. Not saying it is bad, but it is underwhelming considering what Japan has to offer.

Last edited:
Give over.

Milan has some great little pockets amongst what is a fairly industrial city. Probably better if you can get out with the locals who’ll steer you away from the main tourist bits. Like a lot of cities.

Thought Milan Cathedral looked okay while being nee Durham. La Scalla underwhelming (getting a box put on top like the Empire) and the shopping arcade not particularly big.

Monumentale Cemeterio was ace like and enjoyed the castle. Had a nice walk down the Navigli at sunset too which was canny.

Only enough for a day or two though, and as you'd expect in the fashion capital of the world everyone on the metro smelt of expensive scent. Glad I took my Tom Ford so I didn't feel out place.

Last minute holiday didn’t check just seen the cheap price ended up in hotel Tossa beach in tossa de mar, Awful place. I wasn’t popular with the family for that choice.

I think it would have been amazing in 1940s and 1950s.

Now it is an awful shithole.
I think it would have been amazing in 1940s and 1950s.

Now it is an awful shithole.

Times Square?
You think it’s bad now you should have seen it in the late eighties. Crackheads, pimps and drug dealers. It might not be much col now but at least you can walk through and come out with a reasonable chance of your body and wallet being intact.

You think it’s bad now you should have seen it in the late eighties. Crackheads, pimps and drug dealers. It might not be much col now but at least you can walk through and come out with a reasonable chance of your body and wallet being intact.
I did go to New York in 1988. It was certainly different 😀
We took a write big turn down one street and it was just like taxi driver.
Now it is just an awful tourist trap. Still love Manhattan though.

I did go to New York in 1988. It was certainly different 😀
We took a write big turn down one street and it was just like taxi driver.
Now it is just an awful tourist trap. Still love Manhattan though.
Similar with Hollywood Boulevard.
First there in 1991 and it was desolate and dirty. I think they saw what happened in Times Square and cleaned it all out so it’s plastic and touristy now but at least it’s safe!

Popped into jedburgh castle few weeks back ,it was only £3.50 or summit but after we paid the lass said "the castles closed but you can stand outside and look at it "

Back