Most disappointing tourist destination you've been to.

Marrakech - the sights aren't all that and there's no real arrangements to show people round the buildings etc, just bluffers hanging around looking to sting you
Worked with a load of morrocans, went to marrakesh a few times, bit grimy, nothing spectacular, could have copped off with a lass but I had visions of her brother chopping me up or something so never went for it.

Riga was disappointing.

We were also really disappointed in San Sebastian.
Did you see the famous Black Cat, I always like to think of it as a little bit of SAFC in Riga.
North Cape in Norway, frequently referred to as the most northerly point in mainland Europe but it is on an Island and counts as mainland Europe because it is connected by a bridge. First time I went there it was just a tourist shop/cafe and a car park with a big metal globe to get you photo taken next to. 2nd time I went the globe was still there but now there was a massive shop/cafe, the car park had expanded massively and you had to pay to get near the place (since been made free again). The thing is the most northerly point of mainland Europe is a couple of miles away at Knivskjellodden but there is no road going there so they keep quiet about it.

Last edited:
Andorra la Vella. Stank of diesel in an impossibly hot valley. Probably great if you enjoy shopping and tax 'planning' amongst snotty ex-pats. I did have some wonderful food though.

Wouldn’t say I’ve been anywhere disappointing but in terms of cleanliness (piles of rubbish in the street) and what I suspect to be human trafficking being offered out I’d say Phnom Penh

Wouldn’t say I’ve been anywhere disappointing but in terms of cleanliness (piles of rubbish in the street) and what I suspect to be human trafficking being offered out I’d say Phnom Penh

I've travelled all over SE Asia and Phnom Penh is the one place I'd be reluctant to go back to. It's worth going once for the tragic history. Go to the Killing Fields and then get trashed on cheap cocktails afterwards as you try to process what happened.

There are some parts of PP which are Ok and there is a lot of investment coming in but it's very easy to wander into the the very dodgy and seedy areas.

I've travelled all over SE Asia and Phnom Penh is the one place I'd be reluctant to go back to. It's worth going once for the tragic history. Go to the Killing Fields and then get trashed on cheap cocktails afterwards as you try to process what happened.

There are some parts of PP which are Ok and there is a lot of investment coming in but it's very easy to wander into the the very dodgy and seedy areas.
Summed it up perfectly mate. Did the killing fields and S-21 prison camp and was a brutal day in all honesty but still worth doing for understand exactly what went on.

Met someone who survived the prison camp it but could have been anyone really :lol:

Back