Morrisons Pies....

Missus brought me home a steak pie from Morrisons at lunch time. WTF do they do to their pastry! It's like eating your pie filling inside a dry biscuit. Shame really as the filling wasn't too bad but the pastry was dry as owt.

3/10

Missus brought me home a steak pie from Morrisons at lunch time. WTF do they do to their pastry! It's like eating your pie filling inside a dry biscuit. Shame really as the filling wasn't too bad but the pastry was dry as owt.

3/10

Shortcrust is always a bit shit for a steak pie like. Annoyingly we do puff pastry on the Best Steak and Ale but it's just a bit too rich. Puff on the Chunky Steak would be class.
It shouldn't have been too hard, if it was from the hot food cabinet then it would have been lying their for ages which would've made it worse.
Fresh from the oven they're lush.

Cherry Pies are the f***ing business mind.

The pizza pockets they do are unreal.

Fuck that. Get on the Ribs of Fire or the Chilli Cheese Bites. Both are f***ing brilliant.

Last edited:
Bought two from Harrogate Christmas market on Saturday- possibly the best pies I’ve had. A game one with venison and Christmas one with Turkey cranberry and pork. Rose cottage pantry

3/10
Supposed to be fresh baked aren’t they.
It’s a while since I had any, but they used to be ok.

Back