Morrisons hot curries

Tend to find these supermarket curries are never that hot really , the Phal one from Pataks that Tesco sell has a nice kick to it but it’s certainly not a killer.
i thought the morrisons volcanic vindaloo was red hot but i normally have a jalfrazi or a madras. wouldn't even attempt the phal

Bloody hell just had the Vindaloo, canny like but I'm suffering now, will leave the Phall for a few days
i couldn't finish the volcanic vindaloo. nice but too hot for me, best of luck for the phal. apparently they made the phal up as a customer said the vindaloo wasn't hot enough.:eek:

Last edited:

i thought the morrisons volcanic vindaloo was red hot but i normally have a jalfrazi or a madras. wouldn't even attempt the phal

i couldn't finish the volcanic vindaloo. nice but too hot for me, best of luck for the phal. apparently they made the phal up as a customer said the vindaloo wasn't hot enough.:eek:
Vindaloo was canny, I Finished it all other than the three peppers:lol:

Remember me father in law having a Phall when I was over in Brunei, thought it had finished him off:lol:

Last edited:
They had them in the Doxy one when I was in earlier. Had the vindaloo one a few times so got the Phal.....underwhelming! First gobfull was hot but then that seemed to be it and that was with chopping up the whole chilli that comes in it. It was pretty tasteless too imo, vindaloo better out the two. 4/10 canny hot but shite

Don't know why people choose curries like this. They're not enjoyable and when I had a phall (for my 21st) I was shitting blood for 3 days.
Thing is there's different tolerances and also it's a question of balance... some of the spicier ones taste fantastic.

A Madras is fairly hot but for me doesn't have as nice a flavour as others so doesn't justify it. A Vindaloo is much nicer all round but I'm happy to admit I wouldn't enjoy much hotter than that.

A Sri Lanka is a nice inbetween option.

They had them in the Doxy one when I was in earlier. Had the vindaloo one a few times so got the Phal.....underwhelming! First gobfull was hot but then that seemed to be it and that was with chopping up the whole chilli that comes in it. It was pretty tasteless too imo, vindaloo better out the two. 4/10 canny hot but shite
Just had mine, and I prefer the vindaloo one.
Bit disappointed with the phal, no real kick to it. I thought it would have been a lot more spicier when it was heated up, but apparently that is a daft assumption to make.

Back