More scummy behaviour from a cyclist

True enough, that is why the highway code gives most protection to pedestrians, a lot of which is ignored/unknown by drivers and cyclists, and more protection to cyclists, a lot of which is ignored/unknown by drivers.

I f***ing hate black cab drivers, but I suppose that I should give them a break as driving around London all day must get you down. And turn you into a thief who deliberately takes the long way round...

White cab drivers are pretty bad too.

Cyclists that are actually fit enough to keep to a decent speed aren’t a problem, unfit cyclists are. They weave from side to side, cant get up hills and slow everyone down. Cars get irritated and take risks to get past them.

Then at traffic lights the cyclist can go past all the traffic and wait in the little red box at the front and the whole process starts again. I think all traffic whether it be cars, cyclists or motorbikes do have to hold their place in the queue.
I sometimes find the opposite depending on how bendy the road is. If a cyclist is doing 8-10 mph then you can pass with ease and get pulled back in. If you have someone zipping along at 25 mph in a 30 zone, then it takes much longer to overtake. If the road is a bit bendy then often there can not be enough space between one bend and the other to get past and safely cut back in while giving them plenty of room. Wobbling should not be an issue if you overtake with plenty of space. They would need to really be all over the road to pose a risk of hitting them. You should always give a cyclist the same space you would give a small car.

I didn't know there was a side you had to walk on, when on a dirt path :D just finished a 3 hour walk this morning & cyclist heading towards me and he didn't want to change course/side and at last moment he did and says oh we live in a america now :confused: lass behind me walking dog and heard him shouting EXCUSE ME. some of them are in a rush to get to work / whereever.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Run down the middle with both arms out. That'll teach those pesky cyclists

Stupid cyclist, obviously if he lived in America someone would have shot him by now.

Cyclists aren't allowed to ride on pavements, its illegal. Other footpaths are different, whilst a cyclist shouldn't use the, it would be up to the landowner whose land the footpath crosses to take civil action against the cyclist. Could have serious consequences for the landowner though if a cyclist for example collided with a pedestrian on a footpath, the pedestrian could potentially sue the landowner. A cyclist can also be charged with reckless cycling which could result in a prison sentence, as well as him or her leaving themselves wide open to a civil lawsuit.

As a walker on a footpath you could walk down the middle of a path with both arms out quite legally up to the cyclist to keep out of your way, or stop until you have passed

Back