More outlandish protesting.

• Thread starter Deleted member 45676
  • Start date
The point is the protestors want to make a statement that there should be a price to pay (in the way of profits) for supporting gay conversion therapy.

Aslong as it's peaceful and on public land I don't have a problem with it.

Chick fillet should respond to them, put up with it and hope it goes away or shut down.

But this is freedom of speech mate, people have a right to voice their opinion on a matter. And their opinion is people should know who ultimately gets the money for this food outlet.
Yep, I agree, freedom of speech is a right, so is chuck fillets right to believe what they want even though it hasn’t really got a place in modern society. People losing jobs isn’t good, knee jerk reactions by mall owners for fear of being branded the same isn’t good.

That’s the thing with freedom of speech, it works both ways even if someone believes something we disagree with and find disgusting...look at Tommy Robinson and gang

Yep, I agree, freedom of speech is a right, so is chuck fillets right to believe what they want even though it hasn’t really got a place in modern society. People losing jobs isn’t good, knee jerk reactions by mall owners for fear of being branded the same isn’t good.

That’s the thing with freedom of speech, it works both ways even if someone believes something we disagree with and find disgusting...look at Tommy Robinson and gang
Absolutely. Freedom of speech is easy to protect for those you agree with, it's hard to protect those you don't.

But once upon a time being gay was seen as the wrong thing to do, and you don't change anyone's mind by silencing them. You do it by educating them.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Freedom of speech is easy to protect for those you agree with, it's hard to protect those you don't.

But once upon a time being gay was seen as the wrong thing to do, and you don't change anyone's mind by silencing them. You do it by educating them.
Exactly, by education, not by forcing closure of a branch in a different country which is effectively silencing them. Surely the best way would be to make that branch of chick fillet a same sex haven, show the irony and compete hypocrisy of business and beliefs, make a complete mockery of the owners beliefs

Exactly, by education, not by forcing closure of a branch in a different country which is effectively silencing them. Surely the best way would be to make that branch of chick fillet a same sex haven, show the irony and compete hypocrisy of business and beliefs, make a complete mockery of the owners beliefs
They didn't have to close. People didn't have to stop going there.

I can't see any evidence of force being used etc.

And the protesters are educating the populace to what the owners believe.

Last edited:
They didn't have to close. People didn't have to stop going there.

I can't see any evidence of force being used etc.

And the protesters are educating the populace to what the owners believe.
Shopping centre have said they won’t renew their contract after the 6mth lease so in that particular location they do have to close.

Force has been used albeit not in the traditional sense, the current climate of being shit scared of offending genders and minorities has been used to affect change. That’s force.

I’m not used the protesters have set out to ‘educate’ people, that’s a side product of their actions

Back