More outlandish protesting.

• Thread starter Deleted member 45676
  • Start date

So where has the intolerance been shown by the owners of this branch? Do they have a sign up saying no same sex married couples? Have they banned any same sex couples? I’ve read it that the owners just have those principles and beliefs but haven’t done anything about it in this particular branch. If that’s the case then they’ve been treat very harsh by these protestors.

Where has their hate been shown in this branch?
They funded an organisation that practiced Gay conversion therapy.

They not only said we don't believe in gay marriage, they said they want to actively fund organisations that essentially convince gay people they aren't something they are, then essentially torture them until they are "cured".

Homosexuality is not a sickness, I think they are bigoted, yeah.
Almost. Their bigotry is an opinion based in hate. It's not an intolerance of a view, it's an intolerance of how some people are.
They fund groups which offer gay “conversion therapy”. That's not an opinion. That's not just an intolerance of how some people are, that's trying to fund an organisation which is trying to do something biologically impossible.

They support "the biblical definition of the family unit". That's an opinion based on a religious fuelled intolerance of modern society.

Their hate is their branch. The brand is owned by bigots. I suspect many people who work there don't share their ill-informed opinions, but if you lie down with the dog, you wake up with fleas.
There are other places to work which don't undertake such unethical practices.
bigot
/ˈbɪɡət/
Learn to pronounce
noun

1. a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

They funded an organisation that practiced Gay conversion therapy.

They not only said we don't believe in gay marriage, they said they want to actively fund organisations that essentially convince gay people they aren't something they are, then essentially torture them until they are "cured".

Homosexuality is not a sickness, I think they are bigoted, yeah.

This is pretty awful if they have done that, and I understand why LGBT activists would be scathingly against it.

Almost. Their bigotry is an opinion based in hate. It's not an intolerance of a view, it's an intolerance of how some people are.
They fund groups which offer gay “conversion therapy”. That's not an opinion. That's not just an intolerance of how some people are, that's trying to fund an organisation which is trying to do something biologically impossible.

They support "the biblical definition of the family unit". That's an opinion based on a religious fuelled intolerance of modern society.

Their hate is their branch. The brand is owned by bigots. I suspect many people who work there don't share their ill-informed opinions, but if you lie down with the dog, you wake up with fleas.
There are other places to work which don't undertake such unethical practices.
What an absolute load of shite, where do you get this ‘hate’ thing from? Intolerance maybe, ignorance definitely but hate, I can’t see any evidence of hate anywhere in that article. Might be with taking your outrage glasses off and look at the actual facts that have been reported instead of filling in gaps with unfounded emotions

They took it to a different level by donating to an organisation which used gay conversion therapy. They sound like the moronic gimps who would use the 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' crap. I struggle to have sympathy with people like this.
Oh I agree they are bigoted, I'm just saying everyone is towards something. I was just saying technically you both had a decent point

I would use the term homophobic.

Unless they are actively advocating a pro-discrimination policy in application to their customers, I don't see why the views of its owners matter.

Did they say gay couples cannot come and eat at their restaurant?

You're funding their views and funding what they're promoting. Tim Martin is an utter kernt, but I know that not everyone who works in Spoons isn't a kernt. Tim Martin uses the magazine and beer mats in his pubs to push his bullshit views on people.
Bad as they are, thankfully they're not bigoted or homophobic (although I wouldn't put it past him)

There is actually a "Spoons Workers against Brexit" Twitter account.
But they have done nothing wrong in this country.

So? Does bigotry wash off on a transatlantic flight? Don't talk bollocks, man

You're funding their views and funding what they're promoting. Tim Martin is an utter kernt, but I know that not everyone who works in Spoons isn't a kernt. Tim Martin uses the magazine and beer mats in his pubs to push his bullshit views on people.
Bad as they are, thankfully they're not bigoted or homophobic (although I wouldn't put it past him)

This might be worth looking at, have you got a link to it? :lol:

Oh I agree they are bigoted, I'm just saying everyone is towards something.

I would use the term homophobic.
Homophobic most probably, ignorant definitely, but each to their own, until they’ve done something in that branch that Discriminated against same sex whatever then they’ve been unfairly treat. Who is to say that the manager of the branch has a completely different view to the company and ran the branch accordingly?

This is pretty awful if they have done that, and I understand why LGBT activists would be scathingly against it.

Anyone with a grain of decency in them would be against it. Not just LGBT activists.

This might be worth looking at, have you got a link to it? :lol:

Come on man it wasn't hard to find :lol:

Homophobic most probably, ignorant definitely, but each to their own, until they’ve done something in that branch that Discriminated against same sex whatever then they’ve been unfairly treat. Who is to say that the manager of the branch has a completely different view to the company and ran the branch accordingly?
Probably does but that's the price you pay for living in a free society.

You have the right to try and sell your stock, people have the right to inform others of your views and protest.

It's why I'm a big believer in freedom of speech.

You're missing the point. It's still funding the owners who in turn fund their hate and bigotry

So? Does bigotry wash off on a transatlantic flight? Don't talk bollocks, man
So you’re saying the owners are coming over here to police the branch and make sure no same sex couples enter? The owners have fuck all to do with the day to day running of the branch, the people who work there probably couldn’t give a fuck about anything e coming stands for, most people who go there probably couldn’t give a fuck either....but a group of self righteous pricks have forced the closure because of their beliefs. How is that ok?

Anyone with a grain of decency in them would be against it. Not just LGBT activists.

Come on man it wasn't hard to find :lol:

Just to keep the flow of conversation going ;)

I reckon his support of Brexit was just cynical opportunism because it happened to reflect the majority views of his primary target market: Middle Aged, white, working class men.

You're missing the point. It's still funding the owners who in turn fund their hate and bigotry
I’m not missing the point at all, again, you’re mentioning hate, where is the hate? They have different beliefs to me, I don’t agree with their beliefs but they’re entitled to them as long as they aren’t causing harm to others which from what I can see, they aren’t

Probably does but that's the price you pay for living in a free society.

You have the right to try and sell your stock, people have the right to inform others of your views and protest.

It's why I'm a big believer in freedom of speech.

Agreed. And with that, Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.
I’m not missing the point at all, again, you’re mentioning hate, where is the hate? They have different beliefs to me, I don’t agree with their beliefs but they’re entitled to them as long as they aren’t causing harm to others which from what I can see, they aren’t

Hmm. Are you doing this on purpose?

Agreed. And with that, Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.

Hmm. Are you doing this on purpose?
"Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences."

That line's usually used incorrectly in freedom of speech debates..... hmmm.... I'm skeptical :rolleyes:
A free society😂 biggest con going that one mate
What we pretend to aim for mate ;)

So you’re saying the owners are coming over here to police the branch and make sure no same sex couples enter? The owners have fuck all to do with the day to day running of the branch, the people who work there probably couldn’t give a fuck about anything e coming stands for, most people who go there probably couldn’t give a fuck either....but a group of self righteous pricks have forced the closure because of their beliefs. How is that ok?

Their beliefs are out-dated, ill-informed, dangerous and harmful.
A way of funding their beliefs should not be welcome in a forward thinking country.
"Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences."
That line's usually used incorrectly in freedom of speech debates..... hmmm.... I'm skeptical :rolleyes:

We've been down that road before. You know I'm right.

Back