More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Given that the country will be craving sport I don’t blame them for prioritizing it.

Imagine that on BBC after three months of nowt, the viewing figures would be huge and just what the game is desperate for.
Good old fashioned t20 or 50 over county would be far better let the cricket lovers see there sport not that bloody circus

What's the date today? :)
TBH I haven't noticed the usual april fools day jokes in the papers and given the situation I don't think it would be appropriate. Would they do a joke abo9ut 'saving' cricket when it really is under threat and players are in danger of losing their livelihood? You'd need a really thick skin to do that! Wait, this is the ECB! Thicker skin than a rhinoceros!

Given that the country will be craving sport I don’t blame them for prioritizing it.

Imagine that on BBC after three months of nowt, the viewing figures would be huge and just what the game is desperate for.
I’ll be giving my fence the umpteenth coat.

You are imagining that non cricket fans, who have been stuck in their house for 3 months, are then going to stop in and watch a game they don’t like or understand when they could be out seeing friends and family or just enjoying the great outdoors.

I know you’ve banged the drum all along, but I don’t think your expectations will become reality

I’ll be giving my fence the umpteenth coat.

You are imagining that non cricket fans, who have been stuck in their house for 3 months, are then going to stop in and watch a game they don’t like or understand when they could be out seeing friends and family or just enjoying the great outdoors.

I know you’ve banged the drum all along, but I don’t think your expectations will become reality

We’ll see! I do think whichever sports gets in first after lockdown will get great figures though.

We’ll see! I do think whichever sports gets in first after lockdown will get great figures though.
There won't be an after lockdown until next year.

It's clear the govt will try to have a relaxation of restrictions fairly soon, maybe May to give everyone a break. The lockdown will resume later as the number of cases rise again.

If they do anything the ECB should be looking for a comp behind closed doors however to me at least they should stay away from The Hundred for this. They want to make a big splash with this new comp, an empty stadium could wreck all their plans for good.

Have patience, wait a year and at least play it in from of full houses.

Back