More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Exactly and the 2 initiatives I've mentioned were achieving that and they've been undermined with millions of pounds spent promoting an initiative that's there's no evidence that there's any demand for it.
The hundred tournament, unreachable by any means to vast swathes of the country certainly won't achieve that.

I don’t see them achieving that tbh as every year I see more local clubs folding,more local clubs struggling to get sides out and more local clubs conceding games or not competing.

I see something needing to be done to stop that slide whether the hundred is the answer I admit I don’t know, however what I do know is something needs to be done as it’s getting worse every year for club cricket

I don’t see them achieving that tbh as every year I see more local clubs folding,more local clubs struggling to get sides out and more local clubs conceding games or not competing.

I see something needing to be done to stop that slide whether the hundred is the answer I admit I don’t know, however what I do know is something needs to be done as it’s getting worse every year for club cricket
It won't change until the national team are on terrestrial to so the kids can watch it n get into it

So you're in favour of spending millions of pounds on an unproven initiative rather than increasing resources into proven popular initiatives?
Less participants isn't exclusive to cricket,it's common to all sports and a reflection of changing habits in society.
It won't change until the national team are on terrestrial to so the kids can watch it n get into it
Kids don't watch terrestrial tv-it's Netflix and u-tube according to recent research.

Last edited:
So you're in favour of spending millions of pounds on an unproven initiative rather than increasing resources into proven popular initiatives?
Less participants isn't exclusive to cricket,it's common to all sports and a reflection of changing habits in society.

Kids don't watch terrestrial tv-it's Netflix and u-tube according to recent research.

I bet more kids watch cricket this year than any other (bar WC final day) since 2005.

They will, in the same way as they’ll watch England in the Euros on it imo.

I can’t see anything proven as just see more clubs struggling.

The only thing I am in favour of is trying to get more people playing cricket rather just saying participation is decreasing in all sports.

Of course participation is decreasing with kids sport, hence making it more important to do something about it!

I can’t see anything proven as just see more clubs struggling.

The only thing I am in favour of is trying to get more people playing cricket rather just saying participation is decreasing in all sports.

Of course participation is decreasing with kids sport, hence making it more important to do something about it!
Yes but, as per usual, you haven't answered the question.
You're in denial that Domestic T20 gates are improving.
That more kids aren't involved through Chance to Shine.

Last edited:
I am going to be a non watching spectator.
I bet more kids watch cricket this year than any other (bar WC final day) since 2005.

They will, in the same way as they’ll watch England in the Euros on it imo.

Still be tiny numbers compared to the likes of my generation who spent many a happy summer holiday afternoon watching the test match on the BBC or often in my case out on long bike rides listening to test match special. Was particularly useful when the weather was shite and the test was down South and they were playing.

Fact is there is no real equivalent to that anymore.

Last edited:

Just think ..... the cost of broadcasting on Youtube (which many smart TV's can access directly) versus the cost on Sky or terrestrial?

Why is Youtube any more than marginally less accessible than terrestrial? All that needs to happen is that your target audience needs to know when the matches are occurring, just like if they're on BBC 4.

Just think ..... the cost of broadcasting on Youtube (which many smart TV's can access directly) versus the cost on Sky or terrestrial?

Why is Youtube any more than marginally less accessible than terrestrial? All that needs to happen is that your target audience needs to know when the matches are occurring, just like if they're on BBC 4.

Channels 1-4 carry a prestige, get more focus and so on. Events get much more exposure on them than if they’re on the red button etc. Thats why the ECB have insisted on BBC1 or BBC2 (I think)

Hit and giggle, pyjama and not proper cricket obviously is good to watch and attractive to fans then, who would have thought that!
It's entertainment. It isn't proper cricket at all, but it doesn't mean it's not entertaining.

The Masters series that used to by on Sky wasn't proper football, but was still very entertaining. Same with T20

It's entertainment. It isn't proper cricket at all, but it doesn't mean it's not entertaining.

The Masters series that used to by on Sky wasn't proper football, but was still very entertaining. Same with T20

Of course it’s proper cricket that why all the best cricketers in the world will be playing to packed crowds in the IPL next month.

I doubt all the local lads playing midweek for a number of teams in the region dont see it as not playing proper cricket

Back