More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

‘Non-playing players’ :lol:

I actually think there’s the potential of some sort of trading standards type lawbreaking or atleast an attempt to misinform by using players to aftertise something where they’ll play no part.

Imagine a child persuading their dad to take them to see a game because Ben Stokes appears in a promo video in a teams kit, only to find he doesn’t actually play for them.

The Hundred - a moronic idea from a governing body not fit to run a f***ing bath.

Not a single English coach.

Disappointing.
It's disgusting that.

Creating a new tournament to "promote the game" within England, and totally forgo English coaches the opportunity to hone their skills.

There'll be a few top quality coaches who aren't the head coach at counties, who could've really used the opportunity to hone their skills for potentially bigger jobs later down the line - the likes of Colly, Trescothick and Ryan Sidebottom, who did terrific work with Surrey's bowlers last year.

"All players coming from overseas will be booked on business-class flights, and players will be given a daily allowance of £35 to cover basic expenses like food and drink." Bloody gravy train/plane.

"All players coming from overseas will be booked on business-class flights, and players will be given a daily allowance of £35 to cover basic expenses like food and drink." Bloody gravy train/plane.
sounds very tempting :rolleyes: ......... is that taking the whizz? ......

It's like Brexit.

Popular with idiots, pushed hard by propaganda, but being forced through by threats and unlawful behaviour, and will ultimately end in a failed farce.

Sounds pretty much how T20 was portrayed on this board, a few years ago, pyjama cricket, hit and giggle and not proper cricket.

Now there is a six page thread about T20 finals day, with people saying how wonderful and entertaining it is!!

The difference with T20 was/is, we all play it for our clubs so could associate with it as a normal game.
That, and the fact it's still cricket.

Six ball overs, 20 overs a side, played by the 18 counties. Yes, it took purists a long time to recognise it - and I've no doubt that were I old enough in 2002 to have an opinion, I'd have been one of them.

But the Hundred is based on balls, not overs; lots of 5 or 10 balls; between a few elite cities, and completely disregards more than half of the counties in the country.

That's why it'll never be successful or accepted, and that's what the likes of @Voice of fair play refuse to recognise

Which is exactly what it is.

Don’t know mate, there were all quotes from other posters, I always thought all cricket was proper cricket!
That, and the fact it's still cricket.

Six ball overs, 20 overs a side, played by the 18 counties. Yes, it took purists a long time to recognise it - and I've no doubt that were I old enough in 2002 to have an opinion, I'd have been one of them.

But the Hundred is based on balls, not overs; lots of 5 or 10 balls; between a few elite cities, and completely disregards more than half of the counties in the country.

That's why it'll never be successful or accepted, and that's what the likes of @Voice of fair play refuse to recognise

You have got me wrong mate, I don’t want the hundred either as would much prefer just one T20 competition.

Just find it unbelievable that for years and years , many posters on here were slagging of T20, yet now are singing it’s praises from the rooftops.

Maybe just maybe something new and exciting maybe be a success as the blast has proven?

However two competitions of roughly the same thing is overkill for me and could spoil a good thing.
Which is exactly what it is.

Sorry misquoted you there.

What I should have said, is no it isn’t, it’s brilliant exciting cricket that thousands watch, and as the op said on the finals day thread, it is the highlight of the county calendar.

Last edited:
Don’t know mate, there were all quotes from other posters, I always thought all cricket was proper cricket!

You have got me wrong mate, I don’t want the hundred either as would much prefer just one T20 competition.

Just find it unbelievable that for years and years , many posters on here were slagging of T20, yet now are singing it’s praises from the rooftops.

Maybe just maybe something new and exciting maybe be a success as the blast has proven?

However two competitions of roughly the same thing is overkill for me and could spoil a good thing.

Sorry misquoted you there.

What I should have said, is no it isn’t, it’s brilliant exciting cricket that thousands watch, and as the op said on the finals day thread, it is the highlight of the county calendar.
Well it certainly isn’t the highlight of my County calendar, as a comparison I’d say T20 is a bit like comparing a five a side kick about with your mates and playing eleven a side in your local league.

Yeah we did all play it for our clubs, that’s why I never understood T20 been called not proper cricket.

Some posters were basically saying they we not playing proper cricket when they certainly were!

Proper cricket is red ball, white clothing - it’s a phrase that is used the world over by players, coaches, pundits and journalists.

So either they’re all wrong, or you need to accept that there’s no malice whatsoever in calling something proper cricket - simply that it is an adjective widely used and accepted to refer to Test/First Class Cricket.

Back