More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Alot of people are saying it will be played in front of half-empty crowds, won't be a success etc. I am not sure. I don't like the idea but it will appeal to casual cricket observers with kids (not many fans like). Where most fans find it difficult to accept mucking around with the format and killing off the counties (including myself), kids won't care much about this. Parents will take the opportunity to keep their kids entertained for a couple of hours as long as the ticket prices are reasonable.

Alot of people are saying it will be played in front of half-empty crowds, won't be a success etc. I am not sure. I don't like the idea but it will appeal to casual cricket observers with kids (not many fans like). Where most fans find it difficult to accept mucking around with the format and killing off the counties (including myself), kids won't care much about this. Parents will take the opportunity to keep their kids entertained for a couple of hours as long as the ticket prices are reasonable.
Maybe but takes us back to the old argument what does it offer that the increasingly successful domestic T20 doesn't already offer?

Last edited:
The England captain himself was quoted the other day saying ' There has never been a more exciting time in cricket'

There is lot of talk on here at times how T20 etc has effected batsman playing long innings in test cricket.

What that has actually done especially in this country is make test cricket more exciting!

Gone are the days of boring cricket and boring draws, you never going to get new people into the game watching a game for 5 days with no result.

Our national 50 over team is brilliant to watch as is T20 cricket, that’s what people want to watch all over the world that’s why we having 5 of them in New Zealand and why the likes of the IPL are massive.

Not sure about ‘ The Hundred’ tbh, but will watch it and hope it continues to go the way cricket has gone the last few years which has been very exciting cricket.

I thank my lucky stars that I now have the opportunity to watch such exciting diffrent forms of the game.

Rather than when I was growing up just watching the likes of Chris Tavare boring the life out of me!

The England captain himself was quoted the other day saying ' There has never been a more exciting time in cricket'

Did you not stop to think that perhaps he wasn’t being completely honest in that quote?

We’ve just had a summer with a home World Cup and an Ashes. I think it’s fair to say that particular soundbite had more than a hint of propaganda about it.
HOW THE HELL CAN THEY PLAY A GAME AT SOUTH NORTH AND NOT CHESTER?
A smattering of permanent seats and room for a few hundred deckchairs chosen over a proven Test venue.
Is it April 1st?

It’s the women, so the seating will be more than ample.

Did you not stop to think that perhaps he wasn’t being completely honest in that quote?

We’ve just had a summer with a home World Cup and an Ashes. I think it’s fair to say that particular soundbite had more than a hint of propaganda about it.

It’s the women, so the seating will be more than ample.

Well yeah of course I take your point and have to be reastlic, of course he is seen as a figurehead to promote it, so yeah tbf I have no idea whether he is been honest.

However I do myself think cricket at the moment in all formats is very exciting and the most entertaining and exciting it’s been for years imo.

And with all the other distractions youngsters have nowadays as opposed to when we were growing up ,it needs to continue to evolve and entertain for the longevity of the game.

Back