Morals

Found an old dears pension book on the ground years ago whilst on my school dinner hour. Handed it into the post office down the road. Couldn’t help but thinking It was probably going to be used to pay for her heating for the month

I once found a bag of pound coins in the street and handed them in to the police. They gave me a slip of paper that said if no one had claimed them in two months, I could go back and get them.

Mam found a purse on a no 16 bus years ago. Over £500 in it. She handed that into the police too as she reasoned that as it was near Christmas she’d hate to think of someone having a shit Christmas due to losing that wedge.

Years before that, at Haswell market, my dad saw a bloke pull out a massive wallet stuffed with 20s and 50s to pay for something. The bloke dropped a 20 as he was putting the wallet back. Dad saw it and picked it up and immediately handed it to this young bit lass who was pushing a bairn in a buggy. He reckoned she needed it more than the bloke with the fat wallet.

Last edited:
Many, probably all, supermarket self scan positions have cctv - I think Sainsburys said not long ago they were fitting overhead cameras above each of their self scan terminals.

Someone who forgets their cash back only needs to call the supermarket and they will view the cctv and look at the transactions . They would have the next person at that terminal on camera (have their personal details if they paid by card) and would have them full face on camera as they left the store.

Will the overhead cameras allow them to see customers inputting their PIN number when paying by debit card ?

I found a walking stick in one of the aisles in Mozzas just before Xmas. It had a name and phone number on some paper sellotaped to it, so I phoned the number and left an answerphone message that I had left the stick in customer services. Later that night an old gent rang me to thank me for taking the trouble to do that for him and explained that as he was getting older he was becoming scatterbrained.

I'd like to think that most people would have done what I did. I had thought of leaving the stick where I found it but figured that if the owner was still in the shop and could not find it he would naturally go to customer services anyway.

I found a fiver in the doorway of my local Greggs, I took it back into the store and handed it over to the cashier (it could have been someones last few quid, I'd never take it).

I found a fiver on the path outside M&S and there was nobody about. I figured if they were shopping in M&S, they wouldn't miss a fiver so I gave it to a homeless bloke further up the street.

I found a fiver in the doorway of my local Greggs, I took it back into the store and handed it over to the cashier (it could have been someones last few quid, I'd never take it). I've found a wallet when I was a kid, handed that into a local cop shop, I'd always do the decent thing because it's the right thing to do ;).

I always have a cynical sneaking suspicion that "found money" handed over to a shop employee might just be kept by them anyway....after all, "nobody's handed any money in"...

I found a fiver on the path outside M&S and there was nobody about. I figured if they were shopping in M&S, they wouldn't miss a fiver so I gave it to a homeless bloke further up the street.

...and that bought him the drink that finally killed him..;)

I always have a cynical sneaking suspicion that "found money" handed over to a shop employee might just be kept by them anyway....after all, "nobody's handed any money in"...

...and that bought him the drink that finally killed him..;)
Aye well my conscience was clear Scimm, that's the main thing ;).

I once spotted a tenner on the floor at the top of my road whilst walking the dog. I glanced around & not a soul anywhere so I picked it up and put it on the wall in an easily visible place. I walked up and past the turn into my road, around the houses at the top and back around in the direction I'd just came from. Tenner hadn't been claimed so it was mine.

That would have bought a decent bottle of shower gel for the pair of you ;)

In my line of work I'm always being handed or finding lost wallets which I hand in to the office. One had several hundred quid in it, the average is usually about £50. Must add up to several thousand overall. I've had one reward from an old dear of £5. Hardly even a thank you off any of the owners.

i was behind an old dear at the cash machine, and she was taking ages, struggling with her card and that. i said 'do you need a hand love?' . she said 'i just want to check my balance'. so i pushed her, and she fell owa

CCTV pointed at the self serve tills, a high chance you'll either scan a clubcard type card and/or pay by card linked to you. An absolute gimme for the police.

As well as criminal and morally wrong, you'd have to be thick as mince to take it imo.

In theory but there’s nee chance the coppers who can take up to 48 hours to attend a burglary would bother in reality would they ? Clubcard maybe but getting user info from a credit card isn’t as easy as you’d think most merchants don’t collect the name

Apologies I’ve been frijj’d

Everytime in real life.Lass in chinese gave me £9.50 change of a tenner this week for £11.50 worth of bait

stuff happening online i tend to see how it pans out but thats shops etc

We’re you trying to barter

Last edited:

Back