Morals

Cash on the floor in the street £20 and under is mine . Surely no one will rock up at the cop shop asking if anyone has handed in £20 , although now I think about its its worth a shot to nowt with all the high moral feckers on here . Cash left in a machine is traceable so hand it in .

Well I was said moron! As I was in a rush I just grabbed my receipt and forgot all about it. Nice to see there’s some decent folk out there still.

Cash on the floor in the street £20 and under is mine . Surely no one will rock up at the cop shop asking if anyone has handed in £20 , although now I think about its its worth a shot to nowt with all the high moral feckers on here . Cash left in a machine is traceable so hand it in .

Cash on the street is fair game like.

Some bloke left his entire wallet, open and splayed out, on top of a self service machine a couple of months back. Had all his cards, license and about £60 in cash. Handed it in like the top gent that I am, he called me the following day to thank me.
I left my wallet at the checkout last year with $3000 in it and the assistant shouted me back as I walked away :oops:

If you were at the self scan in a supermarket and noticed the moron in front of you had left without collecting their cash back, would you hand it in?

Thankfully for me, the little old dear behind me did just that.

I found a £20 quid note riding home from work a few weeks ago. Split it between the three charity tins on the bar up the club. Barman thowt I was mad.

A few months ago I went into Sainsburys , bought something and asked for £20 cashback. A short while after I got home I realised that I hadn't taken the cash and as usual hadn't taken a receipt when asked if I wanted one. I went back and asked the same lad who served me whether I had taken my cash , he looked shifty as fuck and called the manageress . She said I would have to wait while she watched the CCTV so I went outside for a tab. 6 minutes later she came out and gave me £20.
I told her I wasn't blaming the lad but she just kind of mumbled something.

I found a £20 quid note riding home from work a few weeks ago. Split it between the three charity tins on the bar up the club. Barman thowt I was mad.
Now that I wouldn’t mind! It’s the thought of some scrote pocketing it that would get my back up. My tax can pay for their Foaters and rollies not my bank account!

My mate walked away and left his card in the machine on a night out. Luckily I noticed. So I withdrew $500 and gave him his card and all the cash. He wasn’t happy, but it was an easy lesson for him :lol:

I happened to notice that an elderly lady had walked off from a cashpoint without taking her money, feeling a little awkward about taking the money out of the slot myself I called her back, as she was just about to retrieve the money the machine sucked it back in.

She rounded on me as if I had stolen it.
You did entirely the right thing. The bank stole the old dear's money.

I'd hand it in. Couple of years ago I was at a Tesco in a bit of a shit mood. As the self service was "talking" to me I was muttering abuse at it. Anyway, buy something like £4 worth of shopping, stuck a £20 in to pay. "Please don't forget your change, especially notes" it said. "As if I'm going to do that, you daft cunt" I moaned to the machine as I start putting the stuff in my bag. As I'm walking out of the shop, an assistant stops me to hand over my change, especially the notes. Thanked her and went for a pint.

Also, just before Christmas 2015, went to the bank on a Saturday to pay in a couple of cheques. For some reason forgot to ask the person to give me cash at the same time. Went to the cash point outside the branch, asked for £50, walked away as soon as I put the card in my wallet. Needless to say that on a Saturday, shortly before Christmas on Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow (where the street was busier than usual due to the Christmas market) it wasn't retrieved by the machine. Bank were very good about it and refunded it though.

If I found a £20 note on the street I'd pocket it.

If it was at a cash point, or a shop or something I'd hand it in.

An uncle of mine found a bag of money as a teenager and ended up in the dock.

It's theft by finding if you take it. A decent chance of a prosecution too.
Many, probably all, supermarket self scan positions have cctv - I think Sainsburys said not long ago they were fitting overhead cameras above each of their self scan terminals.

Someone who forgets their cash back only needs to call the supermarket and they will view the cctv and look at the transactions . They would have the next person at that terminal on camera (have their personal details if they paid by card) and would have them full face on camera as they left the store.

I once spotted a tenner on the floor at the top of my road whilst walking the dog. I glanced around & not a soul anywhere so I picked it up and put it on the wall in an easily visible place. I walked up and past the turn into my road, around the houses at the top and back around in the direction I'd just came from. Tenner hadn't been claimed so it was mine.

I once spotted a tenner on the floor at the top of my road whilst walking the dog. I glanced around & not a soul anywhere so I picked it up and put it on the wall in an easily visible place. I walked up and past the turn into my road, around the houses at the top and back around in the direction I'd just came from. Tenner hadn't been claimed so it was mine.

How.was your breathing and the dogs after thewalk turned onto a run:lol:

Back