Morals

If you were at the self scan in a supermarket and noticed the moron in front of you had left without collecting their cash back, would you hand it in?

Thankfully for me, the little old dear behind me did just that.
I would but there's also nothing wrong with pocketing the cash which happened to me last year. Shitehawks...but my fault, my problem.

Depended on the amount.

In reality if I spotted a fiver and the owner was a walk away I'd swipe it but if I saw somebody leave a good wedge I'd hand it back.

karma innit. i once dropped 600 quid out me pocket going through the tube barrier and a young lass ran all the way down to the platform to give me it. she wasn't even getting on the same line as me. in answer, yeah, always.

CCTV pointed at the self serve tills, a high chance you'll either scan a clubcard type card and/or pay by card linked to you. An absolute gimme for the police.

As well as criminal and morally wrong, you'd have to be thick as mince to take it imo.

If they’d just left, find them.

If they’re long-gone, hand it in.

I once got off a bus a stop early to chase down a bloke who left his wallet on the bus.

Last time I found a tenner on the ground I stuck it in the charity box.

:cool:

Theft Act states it isn’t theft if there is no reasonable means of returning to owner iirc

Depends if you consider a supermarket tracking a cash paying customer down as “reasonable”
Police pursue these things, plenty of it on facey.

I happened to notice that an elderly lady had walked off from a cashpoint without taking her money, feeling a little awkward about taking the money out of the slot myself I called her back, as she was just about to retrieve the money the machine sucked it back in.

She rounded on me as if I had stolen it.

Back