Moral Music question..

Was anybody listening?
If there were I bet they soon turned it off when Gary Glitter started playing.

Reminder: Gary Glitter - Wikipedia

"..... attempting to rape a girl under the age of 10 after having crept into her bed.[14] The trial lasted two and a half weeks.[100] On 5 February 2015 he was convicted of attempted rape, four counts of indecent assault, and one of having sex with a girl under the age of 13."

Last edited:
Maybe if he was streaming a moral values radio station rather than a historical one.

Where does he draw the line? If he's going to replace every song that was made by someone that broke the law in some way with a song by someone that's never broken a law in their lives it'll be a very dull show.

Judas Priest would be out for a start

I’d argue that he’d have more integrity by refusing to play a song by a paedophile
Have you watched any roman polanski films?

FWIW I treat Jacko as a separate case. The feller was brought up by a maniac in a way that deprived him of any kind of childhood. Most of us at some point before we reached puberty had some sort of "playing doctor" experience. I truly believe that Jacko in his adulthood was just going through the childhood he was deprived of, from having a fairground at his house to everything else that comes with being a child.
Tough. A nonce is a nonce.

I admire your moral rectitude. Personally, I think a work of art stands or falls on its own merits.
Are all miramax films now tarnished in your opinion?
I watch very few films to be honest, it’s not my thing

I’m not pretending to be especially moral. I guess what I am saying is that art doesn’t trump morals.

I’m sure we could go the nth degree and prove I’m a hypocrite, but I’m ok with that

I watch very few films to be honest, it’s not my thing

I’m not pretending to be especially moral. I guess what I am saying is that art doesn’t trump morals.

I’m sure we could go the nth degree and prove I’m a hypocrite, but I’m ok with that
I have no problem with your stance. We are all hypocrites if we had our choices scrutinised forensically.

if it were me I'd play somebody doing a cover of it. Or just skip over it. But then I'm a f***ing diplomatic motherfucker.

What about the early Human League's version of "Rock and Roll Part 2" or Billy Idol's "Rock On"? Excellent .
Both Gary Glitter tracks but recorded before the whole scandal was public tho, so what if someone did a Glitter song now ??

Also there were the other musicians , writers , producers etc etc on Glitter records , and if the Glittter Band had not done the odd record by themselves etc

Back