Moped insurance scammers caught on dash cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dashcams are great, I want to know which model dash cam that woman has.

I'd hate to end up with the same one.

I've seen loads of footage from dash cams, never anything as atrocious quality as that. On YouTube, that clip would get comments like 'filmed on a potato'.

Agreed, it was foolish of her to reveal she had a dash cam. It could quite easily have escalated into a violent robbery to grab the evidence.

It did the job. :confused:

I don't know how too mate. S:cool:z.

:lol:

Seriously, though, a decent dashcam can capture some amazingly clear footage. It makes a big difference when you need to read a number plate or identify an offender.

Check out Techmoan on YouTube, he tests them out. Most are decent, but some are almost broadcast standard, and they still don't need to break the bank. I really must get one this year, I've been spending money on other things, though.

Seriously, though, a decent dashcam can capture some amazingly clear footage. It makes a big difference when you need to read a number plate or identify an offender.

Check out Techmoan on YouTube, he tests them out. Most are decent, but some are almost broadcast standard, and they still don't need to break the bank. I really must get one this year, I've been spending money on other things, though.

I'm buying a new Merc next month. Look at me, look at me! Do they not come as standard? If they're as cheap as people say then must be a good selling point. If not I'll have to get one.

I only drive about 20 miles every Saturday anyway like. Walk/ride a bike/get a train/fly everywhere else.

I'm buying a new Merc next month. Look at me, look at me! Do they not come as standard? If they're as cheap as people say then must be a good selling point. If not I'll have to get one.

I only drive about 20 miles every Saturday anyway like. Walk/ride a bike/get a train/fly everywhere else.

I dunno, it's possible it might be standard kit.

Mercs! :cool: German cars are fantastic.

Brand new? I'm not that stupid. 18 month old or so. A fool and his money...

I'd have to be a millionaire before I'd even think of buying a new car. 18 months seems to be the best time, as you say, but even that's well out of my reach.

My next budget will hopefully be about 5 grand, and that'll be the most I've ever spent on a car! I have a few models in mind (mostly German :cool:), so I should get fixed up fairly easily.

I'd have to be a millionaire before I'd even think of buying a new car. 18 months seems to be the best time, as you say, but even that's well out of my reach.

My next budget will hopefully be about 5 grand, and that'll be the most I've ever spent on a car! I have a few models in mind (mostly German :cool:), so I should get fixed up fairly easily.

Our ages are probably miles apart. My first car cost me £100! The insurance was more than that.

Your kids grow up, your house gets paid off, you can treat yourself a bit. My insurance is gonna be quite high cos I have nee NCD having been a named driver on three other cars for the last 5 years so it's not all great.

No great shakes, a brand new A-Class? Only to be used on weekends? :eek:

Fuck me mate. Lend me a tenner.

Just a tenner? I can't make money off that man. It would be cheaper for me to just give you it. ;)

Last edited:
Our ages are probably miles apart. My first car cost me £100! The insurance was more than that.

Your kids grow up, your house gets paid off, you can treat yourself a bit. My insurance is gonna be quite high cos I have nee NCD having been a named driver on three other cars for the last 5 years so it's not all great.

I'm 51 next month!
My 'mid life crisis' car is my current one, a Golf GTi. My next one could be a BMW 3 series, another
Golf, Mini Cooper S, Alfa Brera or Giulietta, Audi TT (cue pisstaking!) or maybe something less practical I haven't thought of yet.

I'd love a Mazda MX5, but two seats is a non starter, sadly. Need somewhere for the Shih Tzus!

I'm 51 next month!
My 'mid life crisis' car is my current one, a Golf GTi. My next one could be a BMW 3 series, another
Golf, Mini Cooper S, Alfa Brera or Giulietta, Audi TT (cue pisstaking!) or maybe something less practical I haven't thought of yet.

I'd love a Mazda MX5, but two seats is a non starter, sadly. Need somewhere for the Shih Tzus!

Alreet grandad. ;)

I had an MR2 mkI early 90's. 2 seats was great cos on a lads night out up to London or along to Worthing neebody would ever ask me to take my car (not enough seats) and I could get off my tits. Downside was I couldn't get a set of golf clubs in the boot and it looked a bit shit pulling up with them in the passenger seat. First world problems and that. :)

I'm 51 next month!

MX5, came close to buying a silver mk2 rag top from a neighbour for £3.5k last year.
Only problem that regardless of how I sat or adjusted the seat my eyesight was blocked by the windscreen surround and the catches for the roof.

Logon or register to see this image

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/ImpeccableElegantAmazonparrot

Big mistake was letting them know she had a camera. Let the police come, let them talk, then tell the officer you have a dash cam. Sorted.

might be just the cynic in me but i would not be surprised if the whole thing was a set up... i've watched (and listened to) the video on the DM site and even her reaction seems staged as if she's acting. also even though the video was "posted online" (where?) the woman has not come forward and there's no record of any police investigation... could be wrong like, but how may go-pro cameras have been sold since this came out i wonder ;)

Alreet grandad. ;)

I had an MR2 mkI early 90's. 2 seats was great cos on a lads night out up to London or along to Worthing neebody would ever ask me to take my car (not enough seats) and I could get off my tits. Downside was I couldn't get a set of golf clubs in the boot and it looked a bit shit pulling up with them in the passenger seat. First world problems and that. :)

That's a great reason to get a two seater!

The bold bit. :lol::oops:

Greedminds has a 'man' to drive his clubs around, you scruffy oik!

MX5, came close to buying a silver mk2 rag top from a neighbour for £3.5k last year.
Only problem that regardless of how I sat or adjusted the seat my eyesight was blocked by the windscreen surround and the catches for the roof.

MX5s are so cheap secondhand, especially older 'projects', they can be had for a few hundred quid. I suppose they're s bugger to sell.

I've never sat in an MR2. As much as I like the look of them, there was a reason I thought the MX5 was a better choice for me, but can I hell remember why! They're mid engined IIRC, nicely balanced.

Last edited:
might be just the cynic in me but i would not be surprised if the whole thing was a set up... i've watched (and listened to) the video on the DM site and even her reaction seems staged as if she's acting. also even though the video was "posted online" (where?) the woman has not come forward and there's no record of any police investigation... could be wrong like, but how may go-pro cameras have been sold since this came out i wonder ;)

Just watched it with the sound on. Looks (sounds) fake as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back