Moon landings

the biggest indicator that it was genuine remains that the Soviet Union, who monitored the entire thing from start to finish, never gave any indication that they thought it was faked.

Not saying it was faked but the USA knew that the soviets didn't have Hitler's charred remains and that the skull fragment wasn't his but they were happy to let the lie go rather than go to war

Not saying it was faked but the USA knew that the soviets didn't have Hitler's charred remains and that the skull fragment wasn't his but they were happy to let the lie go rather than go to war

Not really comparable is it though.

Whilst the USA and Soviets had one eye firmly on each other at the end of the war, you can't compare a game of Where's Hitler to the late 60s, height of the Cold War space race.

I remember the first moon landing as a wide eyed 11 year old. I can’t even begin to capture the mood of the time for those who weren’t around then.

Most people hadn’t even been on plane then , so to actually land on the moon given the technology of the day was staggeringly magical, unbelievable ….impossible!

The late 60s were a fantastic time to be young and alive - the optimism of a world driven by emerging fantastic technology gave everyone a glimmer of hope.

When they finally splashed down everyone in our house jumped up and cheered- it was a wonderful moment I ll never forget.

We need a base on the moon to go to Mars, also ice under the ground very useful, should be able to set up a nice little community with a decent satellite signal also

About 72% of the Earths population believe that there is an invisible old man in the sky who loves them and they will join him when they die. The idea that we never landed on the moon is slightly more plausible.
Even worse, the majority of America.. the country that dominates the world.. believes that a man from the Middle East 2000 years ago was a white bloke who forgives all their sins

I struggle to understand why something like 50 years has elapsed without a manned landing.

When considering the extent that technology has moved on over that time, would it not be relatively easier a feat now than it must’ve been in 60’s?

Would other countries not want the kudos of having achieved moon landings themselves even if there was no financial profit to be had?

Because it costs an absolute fortune

Blithering idiots, landing on the moon, hahahahahahahaha, splitting my sides here, never heard nowt like it, what a heap of shite. How can anyone with the most basic learning skills actually think this happened it beggars believe, it really does

What do people think about people who believe that the yanks did not land men on the moon?
1. Complete and utter morons?
2. Misguided fools
3.Whistle blowers with a valid case?

Im firmly believe the yanks landed on the moon(ffs you can stlill see the eagle on the surface of the mood) and im worried about a society that produces individuals who dont!
All of the above. Won’t explain.

Back