Montrose up in Scotland

I had a couple of hours waiting for a train there last month. Nice coffee bars but not as busy as Church Street in Seaham on a SAturday night.

Who are they playing when you're up there;)?

St Johnstone, with Cove Rangers vs Dundee the following night up in Aberdeen :lol:

Trying to fill in the week I had booked off for Portugal (having to knock that on the head due to future trips next season :()

They've got a shite football team so probably right up your street

Hence the reason for the potential trip :lol:

went up there to deliver training for 1 day and stayed in a reasonable hotel. Pleased I was only there for 1 night based on what I saw:lol:
Mind travelled back to Workington after that session, to deliver another one, when England had played a World Cup game. It was an Afternoon KO and the town was full of Police and pissed folk who had clearly been drinking all day:lol:

St Johnstone, with Cove Rangers vs Dundee the following night up in Aberdeen :lol:

Trying to fill in the week I had booked off for Portugal (having to knock that on the head due to future trips next season :()

Hence the reason for the potential trip :lol:

Nice one. Do you get a match programme from every match you go too?

Who needs Portugal when you've Shields and Hebburn to look forward to:D

Some great away days this season....can't wait for the fixtures being released next week:cool:

Some great away days this season....can't wait for the fixtures being released next week:cool:
Only MK Dons a new ground for me next season.

I'll be going to that one too.....but what a souless, depressing away day that will be.

Bolton, Tranmere, Lincoln, Rotherham, Fleetwood, Accrington, Bury, Rochdale and Oxford (the pubs/ale) top of my list for this season.

I use to but ran out of space for them :lol:, still get them from certain games (usually when a neutral)

One of the ones I’m deciding not to do, went for the cup game and that’s enough.

Burton, Oxford, Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Tranmere are new ones for me

Last edited:
I’m not trying to put you off here, but Montrose is a bit of a shithole.

Better off staying in Dundee (or even Brought Ferry) and travelling up to Montrose.

Last edited:

Back