Montrose up in Scotland

What’s there man? A vue cinema, couple of shite pubs and a Poundland, diechman shoes, shoe zone and a frankie and bennies. It’s the Hartlepool of Scotland. Some of the countryside is nice but that’s because it is untouched by the Scots. But apart from that it would be better off as one big military base for the English army.

:lol::lol:

Will you be going with mates or own your own? Don’t need much to do if you’re with mates, just find a decent pub and sit in it. Actually, that works if you’re on your own as well.

What’s there man? A vue cinema, couple of shite pubs and a Poundland, diechman shoes, shoe zone and a frankie and bennies. It’s the Hartlepool of Scotland. Some of the countryside is nice but that’s because it is untouched by the Scots. But apart from that it would be better off as one big military base for the English army.
Now that’s terrible fishing!

Worky is certainly different:lol: Used to stay in Central hotel then found better options in Gosforth especially if you could get the self contained units at Gosforth hall inn. Used Seascale as well when I was there every week so needing a longer stay option that was easy to get on site
Used to stay in a place called the gin House about 5 miles out of town

You’ve spouted some pure shite there mate :lol: Lived and studied in Dundee for 4 years, it’s a cracking place to live and it’s on the up. Scotland is a wonderful country with an incredible landscape, cheap cost of living and a good quality of life. One day I’d love to move back there.

He's on his usual dull wind up

Will you be going with mates or own your own? Don’t need much to do if you’re with mates, just find a decent pub and sit in it. Actually, that works if you’re on your own as well.

Own as it's during the week, others are at work or in Portugal watching Sunderland

Last edited:
I visited Montrose and Arbroath donkeys years ago when I was about 15 or 16. My mam was puppy walking for the Guide Dogs For The Blind so we used to go to the open day at the Guide Dog Centre in Forfar each summer and went to the coast for a few days out.

I can't remember Montrose to be honest but I remember having a look in Arbroath's football ground in the off season. It was a tidy little ground but right on a cliff edge. It's probably fallen into the sea by now!

Edit - just Googled the stadium:

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I visited Montrose and Arbroath donkeys years ago when I was about 15 or 16. My mam was puppy walking for the Guide Dogs For The Blind so we used to go to the open day at the Guide Dog Centre in Forfar each summer and went to the coast for a few days out.

I can't remember Montrose to be honest but I remember having a look in Arbroath's football ground in the off season. It was a tidy little ground but right on a cliff edge. It's probably fallen into the sea by now!

Edit - just Googled the stadium:

In Arbroath, theres a little cinema just down from the stadium which instead of seats, they have settees.

Montrose is alright and worth a visit for an afternoon, I’d recommend going to Stonehaven in between there and Aberdeen for a wander around Dunottar Castle and a visit to the Marine Hotel for a pint.

Stopped off in Montrose after doing Brechin in the League Cup last year. Saw us play at St Mirren on the Sat, then did League Cup games at Stranraer on the Tuesday night and Brechin on the Wednesday before heading south and seeing us at Boro on the Friday.

There's not much in Montrose, but it's definitely better than Brechin!

Stopped off in Montrose after doing Brechin in the League Cup last year. Saw us play at St Mirren on the Sat, then did League Cup games at Stranraer on the Tuesday night and Brechin on the Wednesday before heading south and seeing us at Boro on the Friday.

There's not much in Montrose, but it's definitely better than Brechin!

Ok I admit I went to watch Brechin City play Montrose on a Weekday night. Stayed in Brechin but got the train to Montrose and then the bus to Brechin. Why? It was on my bucket list. Thank goodness I have ticked it off.

Back