Montrose up in Scotland

Found a bar that do amazing Scottish eggs and you can play hop scotch.

After Drinking a bottle of Scotch, and eating a Scotch pie, you try to pull a Scottish Widow, to get some Scott's Oats, but her Scottish terrier bites you, and the barman (Scott), who is eating some butterscotch calls the cops, you get investigated by Scotland Yard, but get off Scot Free, run off through the Scotch Pines, and don't stop until you get to Scotch Corner and against better judgement go into a Scottish and Newcastle pub, and have a bowl of Scotch Broth. Your life's been right out of kilter

After Drinking a bottle of Scotch, and eating a Scotch pie, you try to pull a Scottish Widow, to get some Scott's Oats, but her Scottish terrier bites you, and the barman (Scott), who is eating some butterscotch calls the cops, you get investigated by Scotland Yard, but get off Scot Free, run off through the Scotch Pines, and don't stop until you get to Scotch Corner and against better judgement go into a Scottish and Newcastle pub, and have a bowl of Scotch Broth. Your life's been right out of kilter

I've just had a Scottish egg and I've now of fto Scottish corner.

I'm with the "fuck all there and fuck all to do" clan, I done loads of fire team training up there during the 2012 Euros
Think there's a golf course mind, not that I play that shite

My grandad was from there so I’ve always fancied having a dodge up there to see where he came from. Every time I’ve asked people about it they’ve said “there’s absolutely fuck all there”, so I haven’t bothered as of yet. One day I will.

went up there to deliver training for 1 day and stayed in a reasonable hotel. Pleased I was only there for 1 night based on what I saw:lol:
Mind travelled back to Workington after that session, to deliver another one, when England had played a World Cup game. It was an Afternoon KO and the town was full of Police and pissed folk who had clearly been drinking all day:lol:
Used to go to worky regularly with work, It's a weird place mind, hardly anywhere to stay...... But at least its not barrow

went up there to deliver training for 1 day and stayed in a reasonable hotel. Pleased I was only there for 1 night based on what I saw:lol:
Mind travelled back to Workington after that session, to deliver another one, when England had played a World Cup game. It was an Afternoon KO and the town was full of Police and pissed folk who had clearly been drinking all day:lol:

Me and the Mrs went to Workington for a couple of nights just for somewhere different.
Travelled around a bit during the day but was a canny night out.

Places like Dumfries, Dundee etc are baron and like Peterlee so why anyone would want to go to a place smaller is beyond me. I’d suggest cancelling any travel or accommodation plans and reevaluate your life mate. I often wonder if you’ve ever seen a tuppence.

Used to go to worky regularly with work, It's a weird place mind, hardly anywhere to stay...... But at least its not barrow
Me and the Mrs went to Workington for a couple of nights just for somewhere different.
Travelled around a bit during the day but was a canny night out.
Worky is certainly different:lol: Used to stay in Central hotel then found better options in Gosforth especially if you could get the self contained units at Gosforth hall inn. Used Seascale as well when I was there every week so needing a longer stay option that was easy to get on site

Worky is certainly different:lol: Used to stay in Central hotel then found better options in Gosforth especially if you could get the self contained units at Gosforth hall inn. Used Seascale as well when I was there every week so needing a longer stay option that was easy to get on site

The hotel wasn’t cheap mind paying £5 more for 2 nights in Edinburgh.

There are a couple of travel lodge/HIEx types being built round there now that should bring the price down

I did notice a lack of them, a Premier Inn near Cockermouth but not central was probably the only one.
We stayed in the Central, nice tiled view out of our window, it was hotter than a room in Greece with no air con.

Probably should’ve asked to move looking back.

Places like Dumfries, Dundee etc are baron and like Peterlee so why anyone would want to go to a place smaller is beyond me. I’d suggest cancelling any travel or accommodation plans and reevaluate your life mate. I often wonder if you’ve ever seen a tuppence.

I’ve been to Dundee a few times, nice place tbf

If I was looking for bites I’d not have chosen Dundee man. You know that it’s a different place every year? They likely had very few readers in Dundee so said there. The place is an absolute hovel man. Scotland is a terrible place to live.
You’ve spouted some pure shite there mate :lol: Lived and studied in Dundee for 4 years, it’s a cracking place to live and it’s on the up. Scotland is a wonderful country with an incredible landscape, cheap cost of living and a good quality of life. One day I’d love to move back there.

You’ve spouted some pure shite there mate :lol: Lived and studied in Dundee for 4 years, it’s a cracking place to live and it’s on the up. Scotland is a wonderful country with an incredible landscape, cheap cost of living and a good quality of life. One day I’d love to move back there.
What’s there man? A vue cinema, couple of shite pubs and a Poundland, diechman shoes, shoe zone and a frankie and bennies. It’s the Hartlepool of Scotland. Some of the countryside is nice but that’s because it is untouched by the Scots. But apart from that it would be better off as one big military base for the English army.

Back