Montenegro vs England - ITV - 7:45pm kick off...

It doesn’t over shadow another excellent England performance. Full backs suspect at times but other than that England’s class simply shone. Wore them down.

Well played one and all.
For what it's worth, I dont think either of those fullbacks will be our first choice fullbacks by 2020. Harsh on Walker as he's one of the best in the world in his position right now, but with another season under his belt, TAA will have surpasses him.

Logon or register to see this image

The above cost this bloke £500 as the 2 booking in the 92nd minute from Hendo and their player made it 3 bookings! So close and probably thinking of what to spend the £500 on in the 91st minute when there was only 1 booking! :lol:

Michael on Twitter

:lol: ooooft.

For what it's worth, I dont think either of those fullbacks will be our first choice fullbacks by 2020. Harsh on Walker as he's one of the best in the world in his position right now, but with another season under his belt, TAA will have surpasses him.

none of tonight's back four will be first choice in 2020.

TAA - Stones - Gomez - Chilwell.

Last edited:

The above cost this bloke £500 as the 2 booking in the 92nd minute from Hendo and their player made it 3 bookings! So close and probably thinking of what to spend the £500 on in the 91st minute when there was only 1 booking! :lol:

Michael on Twitter

Wounded lol

This is without doubt, the most I've been engaged with the England team. Absolutely love the approach Southgate has taken with this group of lads.

Same mate

I think you might be right on rose but he’s still a bloody good player

Walker gets too much criticism, such an asset

There’s no way you can say the palace lad for example will have his career

TAA delivery is so good but walkers pace and power is more important than any of that for me

:lol: ooooft.

All 3 of our main CHs are class but I feel Stones and Gomez are similar in style and I like the physicality that Maguire brings to the side. Also he's really important for us off set pieces in either box. It'll be interesting to see who starts when all are fit and playing well.

Er no I just let his football do the talking :rolleyes:

He played really well

Imagine we won 5-1 and you spend the night slagging off rose for no apparent reasons

He’s a really good player

But to be fair “Honess10” off the SMB knows more than Potch

Jesus wept man!

All 3 of our main CHs are class but I feel Stones and Gomez are similar in style and I like the physicality that Maguire brings to the side. Also he's really important for us off set pieces in either box. It'll be interesting to see who starts when all are fit and playing well.

I was never a stones fan, not saying I was right, I was probs being ignorant

But he was so good at the World Cup, and since and before probs

Could play for anyone in world

I don’t think we have anyone of similar quality to go next to him

I’d go maguire as he’s good in both boxes which is important

Think of the Colombia game

Michael on Twitter

:lol: There so unlucky like

2 needless ones in added time

Rose will argue his isn’t needless though

Last edited:
He played really well

Imagine we won 5-1 and you spend the night slagging off rose for no apparent reasons

He’s a really good player

But to be fair “Honess10” off the SMB knows more than Potch

Jesus wept man!

:lol: You’re in a very small minority if you think he played really well mate. Although I did enjoy him booting that player in the air at the end - I’d up his mark to 5/10 for that alone.

And “Potch” :oops:

No big time wankers with massive egos, celeb wags and brands this group are as grounded as I've seen in years very talented team too with more to come :cool:
Absolutely correct. No club rivalries. Just a group of young lads happy to represent their country. Southgate really does deserve huge credit for the camaraderie he's developed.

:lol: You’re in a very small minority if you think he played really well mate. Although I did enjoy him booting that player in the air at the end - I’d up his mark to 5/10 for that alone.

And “Potch” :oops:

Only said that as too thick to spell his name

I just find it funny you think you know better than him

He’s “wank”

That phrase sort of tells me you’re probably 16 years old

Good thing about games and performances like this is that the knackers stand out an absolute fuckin mile!

Win win for me

Absolutely correct. No club rivalries. Just a group of young lads happy to represent their country. Southgate really does deserve huge credit for the camaraderie he's developed.

I think your true about the cliques

But to suggest that Gerrard lampard cole etc didn’t give their all is just untrue

3 unreal pros, who did well for England, few pens shoot outs the narrative would be different

Yesssssssss

Gan on, really is, no words needed

Very true. If Gomez has a full injury free season at Liverpool it's hard to see him not getting picked. Which again is harsh on Maguire as he's done nothing wrong. Just goes to show how good the competition for places is at them moment.
I think you might be right on rose but he’s still a bloody good player

Walker gets too much criticism, such an asset

There’s no way you can say the palace lad for example will have his career

TAA delivery is so good but walkers pace and power is more important than any of that for me
Power, Walker obviously has the advantage. But TAA supply line to liverpool's front three, which England are loosely mimicking with the 9.5 and inverted forwards, wont be ignored by Southgate IMO. I think TAA deliveries will also get the best out of Kane.

Very true. If Gomez has a full injury free season at Liverpool it's hard to see him not getting picked. Which again is harsh on Maguire as he's done nothing wrong. Just goes to show how good the competition for places is at them moment.

Power, Walker obviously has the advantage. But TAA supply line to liverpool's front three, which England are loosely mimicking with the 9.5 and inverted forwards, wont be ignored by Southgate IMO. I think TAA deliveries will also get the best out of Kane.

I can’t say you’re wrong kind just about preference

I think we look closer to man city personally

And walker is vital for them, think his qualities are more important

I suspect he will play in 2020 like but it’s a good problem to have

We have so many right backs it’s weird

I think your true about the cliques

But to suggest that Gerrard lampard cole etc didn’t give their all is just untrue

3 unreal pros, who did well for England, few pens shoot outs the narrative would be different

Yesssssssss

Gan on, really is, no words needed
Don't think I ever said they never gave their all like.

I can’t say you’re wrong kind just about preference

I think we look closer to man city personally

And walker is vital for them, think his qualities are more important

I suspect he will play in 2020 like but it’s a good problem to have

We have so many right backs it’s weird
And left backs

Back