Monday Bait

Two slices of wholemeal bread, chunk of cheese and an apple. Would have had a tomato as well, but we’ve ran out. If you ask tomorrow it will be the same, I am very boring.

Ok, this is what I done today.
I've chopped up mushrooms and leeks and cut up chicken breasts and my wife is ( at this very moment) making the pastry for a chicken, leek and mushroom pie with chicken gravy.

In between this

I didn't finish.

Ok, this is what I done today.
I've chopped up mushrooms and leeks and cut up chicken breasts and my wife is ( at this very moment) making the pastry for a chicken, leek and mushroom pie with chicken gravy.

In between this I made two pans of chicken soup.

1st pan with turnip, cabbage, carrot, leek and onion and chopped up chicken breasts for my son who's on a workout diet with a cut out of potatoes.
Our soup is everything as above but with potatoes, all finely cut and simmering with chicken oxo's, salt and pepper.
That's for tomorrow with the aid of dumplings for us, to be added.

I've also scraped some small potatoes. English new potatoes from Aldi. They're going to be boiled and then deep fried.
Add to those, yesterdays gravy from the sunday dinner and left over cabbage and our meal is chicken, leek and mushroom pie, cabbage, roasties and gravy, followed by a lemon cheesecake.

Son's meal will be some of his soup with his already prepared (himself) meatballs in it. Asda fresh meatballs, 24 pack I think, that lasts him a few days along with his other chicken breast meals.

I spent a good few hours prep and cooking but today's and tomorrows meals are sorted out.

Had a McMurchie's steak & kidney pie. Very very tasty. They're fast becoming our butcher of choice and the Northumberland lamb chops we had last week were absolutely delicious. Caroline St. Hetton le Hole.

Back