Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid set to lose ECB central Test contracts

:lol:

Aye apart from when we played there last time and played 2 spinners, like we have in every single series and game apart from the last few at the WC, in the last 4 years.

You just said they don't need spinners and then quoted his batting stats :lol:

Genuine question, have you got amnesia?

On what basis is Dawson in better form than Mo Ali?

Did you see the T20 semi final? you are just making stuff up now

I've quoted his bowling stats earlier in the thread - I don't think I'm at risk of amnesia here.

But as you rightly pointed out when saying Foakes shouldn't be picked, domestic cricket isn't the same as international cricket. Talk about changing your argument to suit your opinion :lol:

Do England need to play two spinners in these upcoming series, when one is out of form?

I've quoted his bowling stats earlier in the thread - I don't think I'm at risk of amnesia here.

But as you rightly pointed out when saying Foakes shouldn't be picked, domestic cricket isn't the same as international cricket. Talk about changing your argument to suit your opinion

Do England need to play two spinners in these upcoming series, when one is out of form?

How have I changed my opinion on that?

You said Dawson is in better form than mo Ali? where? when?

Mo Ali absolutely smashed up the T20 blast when he played this year, he is in way better form than Dawson who you wnt in the side

I have genuinelly no idea what you are talking about, you are just making stuff up,

You just suggested Jack Leach should be ahead of him in the ODI side :eek:

As I say bookmark this thread, Mo Ali will be in the side.

Last edited:

Mo Ali absolutely smashed up the T20 blast when he played this year, he is in way better form than Dawson who you wnt in the side

I have genuinelly no idea what you are talking about, you are just making stuff up,

Did you, or did you not say that as Foakes has had a poor county season, that he shouldn't be picked as he's struggling against county bowlers and the international bowlers will be a different league? Ali has played 1 good domestic innings all season and you want him back in the side.

You forget that we won the World Cup without him!

Dawson's form this season in domestic limited overs cricket is 45 with the bat and 25 with the ball.

There are other spinning options out there who can be tested, if we actually need to play two spinners in what are usually seamer friendly conditions. You are allowed to change things you know?

Did you, or did you not say that as Foakes has had a poor county season, that he shouldn't be picked as he's struggling against county bowlers and the international bowlers will be a different league? Ali has played 1 good domestic innings all season and you want him back in the side.

You forget that we won the World Cup without him!

Dawson's form this season in domestic limited overs cricket is 45 with the bat and 25 with the ball.

There are other spinning options out there who can be tested, if we actually need to play two spinners in what are usually seamer friendly conditions. You are allowed to change things you know?

Ali is already in the side! He has played every game in a 4 year period bar a couple in extreme conditions at the WC

He stays in the side because hs is a world class ODI and gun T20 player, yet you want him dropped for Dawson man! :D

How on earth can you say Liam Dawson is in better form than Mo Ali?

You are f***ing obsessed with stats man, go out n watch some cricket.

Bookmark this thread you will be proved wrong.

I honestly despair at times with people.

Last edited:

If all the seamers who played in the WC final are fit and available then he won’t play.

But you may well be right Ali will play because Wood is still injured/Woakes is being rested to protect is ageing knee.

Ali is already in the side! He has played every game in a 4 year period bar a couple in extreme conditions at the WC

He stays in the side because hs is a world class ODI and gun T20 player, yet you want him dropped for Dawson man! :D

How on earth can you say Liam Dawson is in better form than Mo Ali?

You are f***ing obsessed with stats man, go out n watch some cricket.

Bookmark this thread you will be proved wrong.

I honestly despair at times with people.

Oh no, here comes the dummy :lol:

He was dropped for the best part of the World Cup and England performed better without him and won the tournament.

World class ODI player averaging 25 with the bat and nearly 50 with the ball :lol:

Jesus - if he's a world class ODI player what do you class Kohli as?

I watch plenty cricket, and I watched Moeen stinking the place up until his rightful omission from the team. I'm not too fussed who replaces him, but he doesn't deserve a place.

If all the seamers who played in the WC final are fit and available then he won’t play.

But you may well be right Ali will play because Wood is still injured/Woakes is being rested to protect is ageing knee.

Thats just not true, we chnged the formula for a couple of games

Sorry like, apologise if I went over the top there, nothing personal but you read far too much into analysying stats like, players like Mo Ali dont come along very often, he is an absolute gun player

Eoin Morgan knows that and he will play. You don't just get rid of player after a few bad games for a county level player

Was meant for @The Breen Machine

Sorry marra but your cricket knowledge is way way off

I think being a key part of the best ODI side in the world for 4 years makes you a world class ODI player aye.

Sure you have been down Hampshire watching Dawson bowl though

Last edited:
Thats just not true, we chnged the formula for a couple of games

Sorry like, apologise if I went over the top there, nothing personal but you read far too much into analysying stats like, players like Mo Ali dont come along very often, he is an absolute gun player

Eoin Morgan knows that and he will play. You don't just get rid of player after a few bad games for a county level player

Was meant for @The Breen Machine

Sorry marra but your cricket knowledge is way way off

I think being a key part of the best ODI side in the world for 4 years makes you a world class ODI player aye.

Sure you have been down Hampshire watching Dawson bowl though
I know you don’t like stats, but not sure how you can call someone who averages more than 50 with the ball since 2016 world class. His economy rate is okay and his batting can be destructive on his day, but imo he’s a good player in a world class team rather than actually being world class himself. He’s just nowhere near consistent enough to earn that tag.

I know you don’t like stats, but not sure how you can call someone who averages more than 50 with the ball since 2016 world class. His economy rate is okay and his batting can be destructive on his day, but imo he’s a good player in a world class team rather than actually being world class himself. He’s just nowhere near consistent enough to earn that tag.

This. I have no issues with Moeen and think he's an entertaining cricketer, however whilst stats don't always tell the full story, cricket is one game where you can't really argue with the numbers.

I think harsh on Ali, myself.

He's still a good test bowler and an important ODI player who is in no worse form than others who have won contracts.

As an ODI player, his ceiling is very high. Tearing up the bash again and white ball cricket is also 20-20. His form both here and in the IPL very encouraging on that.

Back