Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid set to lose ECB central Test contracts

How can they decide contracts without a coach in post?

Doesn't the coach come first and they give contracts to those he wants to use / style of play he wants to impose?

How can they decide contracts without a coach in post?

Doesn't the coach come first and they give contracts to those he wants to use / style of play he wants to impose?

They don't award contracts but its based on who is gonna play

to be fair if Ali gets back in ahead of Leach will be a number of games to play and he will trigger it

They don't award contracts but its based on who is gonna play

to be fair if Ali gets back in ahead of Leach will be a number of games to play and he will trigger it
Fair enough, I just think common sense would be to employ the coach who will decide how he wants the team to play and involve him in the contract discussions rather than the ecb award contracts and tie the coaches hands together

Fair enough, I just think common sense would be to employ the coach who will decide how he wants the team to play and involve him in the contract discussions rather than the ecb award contracts and tie the coaches hands together

I mean whats Giles been doing? Bayliss said he was leaving now about 2 years back, why hasn't he got anyone lined up?

Soudns like Silverwood for the NZ tour with a full time coach for South Africa

no excuse for not sortin ghtis
Shouldn't really be surprised with the ecb and their recent decisions.

The upsurge in crowds for the t20 and tests makes the 100 even more of a bizarre decision, they then appoint foreign coaches despite it being a year away while not even apparently talking to anyone about the England job

Shouldn't really be surprised with the ecb and their recent decisions.

The upsurge in crowds for the t20 and tests makes the 100 even more of a bizarre decision, they then appoint foreign coaches despite it being a year away while not even apparently talking to anyone about the England job

Yeah very true

To be fair down to coaches is Giles that’s his fault

So true about 100 the games never been in better health in my life and im 31, front n back page all summer

Only comfort is that some on bbc

Yeah very true

To be fair down to coaches is Giles that’s his fault

So true about 100 the games never been in better health in my life and im 31, front n back page all summer

Only comfort is that some on bbc
Let's hope the BBC do it some justice......

Back