Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid set to lose ECB central Test contracts

Don't think Ali should have been removed, but it gives you an idea of what ECB's planning is with him. Think Bairstow is a very lucky boy

How can people think Ali and Bairstow should have their contracts removed? ffs man.

:eek::eek: wtf

this place never fails to amaze me

Overall ODI batting average of 25 and bowling average of 48.

2019 batting average of 18, bowling average of 98
2018 batting average of of 17, bowling average of 40

Why is he deserving of a white ball contract?

Overall ODI batting average of 25 and bowling average of 48.

2019 batting average of 18, bowling average of 98
2018 batting average of of 17, bowling average of 40

Why is he deserving of a white ball contract?

Because he is a massive part over a 4 year period of a team that won 11 ODI series in a row and just won a world cup

go ask Eoin Morgan if he deserves one and how much he values him and come back to me.

He will be one of the first names on the team sheet as we build towards the T20 world cup in Australia.

Its ridiculous he is losing his red ball contract, 5 tests ago he'd take the most wickets in the world over a 12 month period.

Never fails to amaze me how quickly people give up on players and just pick a random player from CC that they have never seen play as someone better

Because he is a massive part over a 4 year period of a team that won 11 ODI series in a row and just won a world cup

go ask Eoin Morgan if he deserves one and how much he values him and come back to me.

He will be one of the first names on the team sheet as we build towards the T20 world cup in Australia.

Its ridiculous he is losing his red ball contract, 5 tests ago he'd take the most wickets in the world over a 12 month period.

Never fails to amaze me how quickly people give up on players and just pick a random player from CC that they have never seen play as someone better

He's been dropped from the first XI in ODI's and tests, his batting record in both formats over the last three years is poor. He's more worthy of a test contract than white ball - stop living in the past.

He's been dropped from the first XI in ODI's and tests, his batting record in both formats over the last three years is poor. He's more worthy of a test contract than white ball - stop living in the past.

I am not, he will be straight back in the ODI side like, short memories

So who replaces him as spinner?

The amount of people who just quote stats on here is remarkable, look at Ben Stokes stats, nout out of this world, win games

Must have loved Peter Moores as coach!

each to their own I guess.

I am not, he will be straight back in the ODI side like, short memories

So who replaces him as spinner?

The amount of people who just quote stats on here is remarkable, look at Ben Stokes stats, nout out of this world, win games

But if you look at Stokes' stats over the last 12 months they will be much stronger than Ali's - he's on an upward curve and the likes of Ali and Bairstow (Tests) are on a downward curve.

He's not our first choice ODI spinner, Rashid is.

But if you look at Stokes' stats over the last 12 months they will be much stronger than Ali's - he's on an upward curve and the likes of Ali and Bairstow (Tests) are on a downward curve.

He's not our first choice ODI spinner, Rashid is.

We play 2 spinners, we changed tactics half way through the world cup doe to the conditions and pitches

Ali isn't going anywhere, he is one of the best ODI players we have, massive talent

We will be playing 2 spinners, so who are you bringing in?

We play 2 spinners, we changed tactics half way through the world cup doe to the conditions and pitches

Ali isn't going anywhere, he is one of the best ODI players we have, massive talent

One of the best ODI players we have but couldn't get in the ODI team - his stats are very very average throughout his ODI career and absolutely poor of late.

What's to say we will play two spinners in South Africa and New Zealand?, the latter particularly have similar conditions to England.

Alternatives would be Dawson, Parkinson, Leach, Virdi off the top of my head.

One of the best ODI players we have but couldn't get in the ODI team - his stats are very very average throughout his ODI career and absolutely poor of late.

What's to say we will play two spinners in South Africa and New Zealand?, the latter particularly have similar conditions to England.

Alternatives would be Dawson, Parkinson, Leach, Virdi off the top of my head.

:eek:

I think I'll leave it there. You are in for a shock if you think any of them are replacing Mo Ali in the ODI side.

People like change for change sake dont they, we just won 11 ODI series in a row and a world cup and he played all but the last 4 games of them.

You seriously thnk they are just gonna discard him for Jack Leach and Virdi who don't even get in their county ODI sides? christ.

:eek:

I think I'll leave it there. You are in for a shock if you think any of them are replacing Mo Ali in the ODI side.

People like change for change sake dont they, we just won 11 ODI series in a row and a world cup and he played all but the last 4 games of them.

You seriously thnk they are just gonna discard him for Jack Leach and Virdi who don't even get in their county ODI sides? christ.

I tend to be of the opinion that if you are playing shit, your position will be under threat. You are quite happy keeping a man averaging 18 with the bat and 98 with the ball. It's a similar argument to Bairstow who's averaging about 28 over the last 3 years but you won't drop him because no one watches enough county cricket other than you who can confirm no one else is worthy of selection.

I personally would be happy picking an extra seamer ahead of Ali.

If everyone is fit and available we won’t be playing two spinners unless we’re in the sub continent.

There’s no doubt Ali will be part of touring squads, but his form over an extended period of time does not warrant a place in the ODI team ahead of any of the seamers who took his place in the world cup.

If everyone is fit and available we won’t be playing two spinners unless we’re in the sub continent.

There’s no doubt Ali will be part of touring squads, but his form over an extended period of time does not warrant a place in the ODI team ahead of any of the seamers who took his place in the world cup.

Hallelujah.

I tend to be of the opinion that if you are playing shit, your position will be under threat. You are quite happy keeping a man averaging 18 with the bat and 98 with the ball. It's a similar argument to Bairstow who's averaging about 28 over the last 3 years but you won't drop him because no one watches enough county cricket other than you who can confirm no one else is worthy of selection.

I personally would be happy picking an extra seamer ahead of Ali.

He hasn'tbeen playig shit

last year he was excellent

where are you getting your information from?

All the spinners struggled in the world cup, like all of them, the pitches with seaming man, Colin D GH bowled liek 3/22 in the world cup final man

Only on the SMB would they want their best spinner for years sacked for tht

:lol:Yes we will. We have for every single game in the last 4 years bar those in the world cup becausr they were such extreme conditions

Where are you getting this from?

we played 2 spinners in NZ and Australia where we won 3-2 and 4-1 on our last tours.

People are just making stuff up now
Hallelujah.

Its literally factually incorrect, just a lie :lol:

We won't be playing 2 spinners in NZ and Australia won't we?

ffss man, couldn't make this up
I give up,

when he plays in the winter, just look back at this thread, I told you so.
THe idea jack leach would be in England's ODI side even though he cant get in Somerset's!

Last edited:
He hasn'tbeen playig shit

last year he was excellent

where are you getting your information from?

All the spinners struggled in the world cup, like all of them, the pitches with seaming man, Colin D GH bowled liek 3/22 in the world cup final man

Only on the SMB would they want their best spinner for years sacked for tht

:lol:Yes we will. We have for every single game in the last 4 years bar those in the world cup becausr they were such extreme conditions

Where are you getting this from?

we played 2 spinners in NZ and Australia where we won 3-2 and 4-1 on our last tours.

People are just making stuff up now

Its literally factually incorrect, just a lie :lol:

We won't be playing 2 spinners in NZ and Australia won't we?

ffss man, couldn't make this up
I give up,

when he plays in the winter, just look back at this thread, I told you so.
THe idea jack leach would be in England's ODI side even though he cant get in Somerset's!

Best spinner for years? - Rashid has consistently outperformed him in ODI cricket - that is factually correct.

No one knows for sure the make-up of the side but England are likely not to NEED two spinners in NZ or SA, and if they do then Ali may get a call but Dawson is in far better form.

You can't continually pick players out of form - remember your argument about Foakes this season?

His batting in ODI''s last year was worse than it is this year - feel free to ignore the facts though.

Best spinner for years? - Rashid has consistently outperformed him in ODI cricket - that is factually correct.

No one knows for sure the make-up of the side but England are likely not to NEED two spinners in NZ or SA, and if they do then Ali may get a call but Dawson is in far better form.

You can't continually pick players out of form - remember your argument about Foakes this season?

His batting in ODI''s last year was worse than it is this year - feel free to ignore the facts though.

:lol:

Aye apart from when we played there last time and played 2 spinners, like we have in every single series and game apart from the last few at the WC, in the last 4 years.

You just said they don't need spinners and then quoted his batting stats :lol:

Genuine question, have you got amnesia?

On what basis is Dawson in better form than Mo Ali?

Did you see the T20 semi final? you are just making stuff up now, everything you said there is factually in correct, factually incorrect.

Last edited:

Back