Modern headlights are terrible...apparently

So say the RAC:

“Drivers are being temporarily blinded by modern vehicle headlights, according to an RAC survey.

Two-thirds of drivers say they are "regularly dazzled" by oncoming headlights even though they are dipped, the survey of 2,061 motorists suggests.

I’ve thought this for a while. Seems like every bloody new Audi that goes past blinds with me the ultra bright new headlights. I guess they’re LEDs?

So say the RAC:

“Drivers are being temporarily blinded by modern vehicle headlights, according to an RAC survey.

Two-thirds of drivers say they are "regularly dazzled" by oncoming headlights even though they are dipped, the survey of 2,061 motorists suggests.

I’ve thought this for a while. Seems like every bloody new Audi that goes past blinds with me the ultra bright new headlights. I guess they’re LEDs?

Agree - don't drive an Audi but feels like I get flashed (ooerr missus) more often when driving in town. Put this down to people thinking I have full beam on, but I don't :(

Some of them are really bright. I've been dazzled by cars going the other way or cars behind and it reflects in the mirror.

So say the RAC:

New BMW ones are absolute bastards

The worst at the reactive headlights (or whatever they are called) that BMW and a few others run. They dip themselves whenwtraffic is oncoming and shape left or right around bends, but even some headlights that are fixed and are on dipped are ridiculous.
It's made even worse when your car is lower than everything else like mine, I constantly have my rear view mirror dipped on a night as I get blinded from every angle.

They must look at the Pistonheads forum as there was a recent thread about all this on it.

Even worse when driving in America where every other car is absolutely massive and the lights are right in your line of sight. I did a lot of night driving over there and always thought the oncoming glare was dangerous.

Back